Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sweet Sunday Girls

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC209.

I stayed true to the sketch this week, didn't flip it or mirror it or anything crazy like that. I did take advantage of that big rectangle though. It was a perfect opportunity to use Uptown Girls Victoria and Juliette's Night Out from Stamping Bella.


I adore the Uptowns, but they're kinda big and they need the right layout. Oh sure, I could chop off their legs (like I did in this close-up photo) but they have such gorgeous legs! I'm kinda jealous of their legs. Is it weird to be jealous of a stamp? ;-)

I paper pieced their dresses with patterns from the Basic Grey Fiction collection and coloured the rest of the image with copic markers. I added sparkle to the ruffles on their dresses thanks to my Wink of Stella pen and added shine to the drink glasses with a clear Glaze pen.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Barbara Anders
Dana White
Jackie Pedro
Jenny Petersen
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  (she's taking this week off)
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Lisa H. said...

love. AND I want both of those dresses....they'd be perfect on our cruise :) so pretty, Karen.

Anonymous said...

I love those girls too and really NEED them now! Those pp dress's are perfection darlin'!

Leslie said...

Is that me on the left with a side chignon?😉 gorgeous card and love their dresses! I LOL at your "chop off their legs" 😄

Tracy said...

I was rolling reading your comment about my wine glass, and then I see your image! You totally get me girl! LOL! I love these girls and their stylin' dresses.

Jenny said...

it is completely normal and acceptable to be jealous of their legs, lol!!! Great card and use of that big panel :D

Vicki Burdick said...

So sweet Karen, I love the paper pieced dresses!!