Sunday, January 27, 2013

Masculine Birthday Greetings

A few birthdays have snuck up on me and I'm usually pretty good about getting cards mailed on time, but my poor brother is going to be receiving his card a little late this year. You see, his big day is in three days and snail mail to Canada might get it there by the end of next week...seriously...insert eye roll here.


We were away skiing in West Virginia last week and the new My Mind's Eye paper (which I ordered via iPhone on the drive, thankfully before we lost all cell service in the mountains...grin!) was waiting for me when I got home. I couldn't wait to dig into it! I cracked open the Boy Crazy paper pad and created this card for my brother. Masculine cards are always more difficult and I find less is more when it comes to guy cards, so I used FTL225 for the layout. I started with a Whip Cream card base then added the strip of patterned paper. I used the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics and the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics to cut out the Berrylicious cardstock flag along with the two patterned flags.

The sentiment is from the On the Line stamp set from My Favorite Things. I used Wild Cherry and Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink Pads to ink up the greeting. I needed to tie in the red a little more so I added a narrow strip of Wild Cherry cardstock along the left edge, then used my corner chomper to round the bottom right corner.

And as an added bonus, this card is nice and flat for mailing so maybe, just maybe, it'll get there quicker.

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is adorable, Karen! I love the little bit of stitching over top of the banners, and that sentiment is so cute!! Love the candle in place of the "i"!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so great.

Dana White said...

Love that you ordered the paper on the drive. Clearly you were the co-pilot at that point?! What a perfect guy card.