Friday, January 18, 2013

Balloon Birthday

My card today started as an idea for a masculine birthday card using the larger of the Boy Meets Girl Die-namics. I pictured her holding a bunch of balloons.


I kept the entire card clean and simple to keep the focus on her and the bouquet of balloons. I started with a card base of Whip Cream then added a layer of Orange Fizz and another layer of Whip Cream. The patterned papers are from Simple Stories Awesome collection. I stamped the sentiment from First Place Sentiments stamp set using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink.

I used the larger girl from Boy Meets Girl Die-namics to cut her out of Kraft cardstock.

Then I set to work on the balloons. The only problem is that MFT doesn't have balloon dies. Shoot. Now what? Well, as I was flipping through my collection of Die-namics I happened to see the Primitive Pumpkin Trio Die-namics upside down and thought they looked like balloons. So that's what I used, the smallest and largest size of the Primitive Pumpkin Trio Die-namics, to cut out the Berrylicious, Sour Apple, and patterned paper "balloons". I tied them with Flax Twine then added a Sour Apple button to the green balloon. I love the result! You could use the boy instead of the girl, or use both to made a "from us" card. Have fun with it!

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

4 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Shut the Front Door! You used pumpkins to create balloons. Genius! Just Genius. It turned out freakin' adorable.

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

You are SO creative and such a genius! So, I guess that makes you a creative genius! This ROCKS girlie!

Dana White said...

Brilliant making the balloons scene.

Alina said...

gorgeous idea, Karen!!!