Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cheers! Let's Celebrate {MFTWSC105}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 105.

Seems I'm still celebrating New Years since I used à la modes Cheers for today's sketch.


I started with a Kraft card base then added a layer of Tangy Orange and patterned paper from the Basic Grey Lucille collection. I used the Circle 1 STAX Die-namics to cut out the two Whip Cream circles and embossed them with the polka dots embossing folder. I used the Dizzy Border Die-namics to cut out the Berrylicious accent and backed it with another strip of Tangy Orange.

For the image, I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It Blending Card and coloured her with copic markers. I couldn't resist paper piecing her gorgeous dress, then I fussy cut around her. I added a couple coats of clear glaze pen to make the champagne flute shiny. I used the Say What? Die-namics to cut out the Berrylicious chat bubble then stamped Cheers! from the set. The Kraft background was embossed with the modern wallpaper embossing folder.

I used the Flower Medley Die-namics to cut out the flower. The base layer is Berrylicious felt (backed with Berrylicious cardstock for added stability) and I topped it with a Tangy Orange button tied with Hemp Cord.

I kept the inside simple by stamping the image again with Memento Potter's Clay then I added another sentiment from à la modes Cheers.

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC105. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!

Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Crafty Math Chick said...

This is AWESOME Karen! Your fussy cutting is AMAZING! I was sure you did this with a Silhouette or Cameo!! What is your secret?
~ Meredith

elizabeth said...

Beautiful card. Love her dress and all the texture in this card.

Unknown said...

The design team is so amazing. I love your card. How you get such perfect stitching is mind boggling!!!

Danni said...

Wonderful card!! So pretty and fun! Love the paper piecing!

Dana White said...

Happy New Year! She is perfect and h paper pieced dress is perfect.

Tracey said...

Absolutely fabulous Karen!

Ravengirl said...

So cool! I'm loving the flower accent!