Sunday, July 8, 2012

You're Just Plane Amazing!

I have a very special announcement today that I'm super excited to share. MFT is happy to welcome Lisa Johnson to the MFT family!!! Lisa will not only be creating with MFT stamps, she will also be designing her own stamp line for MFT!!! The first set from Lisa Johnson Designs will be available on August 7th, along with the rest of the MFT August release. Soooo exciting!!! Be sure to hop over to the MFT blog for the official announcement!! (can you tell how excited I am with all the exclamation points! LOL!!!)

To welcome Lisa to the MFT family I made this card using Pure Innocence Plane Amazing and the Airplane Greetings stamps and Die-namics. That's me flying the plane...hee hee!!!

This card is slightly larger than the usual quarter fold card. The base measures 4.25" x 6.25". I used the Solid Skyline Die-namics to cut out the navy skyline and adhered it to a base of Sno Cone card stock (with Orange Fizz underneath for contrast).

I used the Jumbo Cloud STAX Die-namics to cut out the Puff Cloud White felt clouds and I also cut them out of white card stock so I could glue them together for a little stability. The plane was fun to create. I used patterned papers from the Echo Park Little Boy paper pad and pieced the plane together using the Airplane Greetings Die-namics. It's fun to decorate the plane with the elements from the Airplane Greetings stamps and Die-namics set.

I love the inside as much as the outside! I stamped one of the sentiments from Pure Innocence Plane Amazing and separated it onto two banners which I attached to the plane with Denim Twine! So FUN!!!

Lisa, you really are Just Plane Amazing and I can't wait for everyone to get their hands on your fabulous new stamps from Lisa Johnson Designs!! Welcome aboard!!!

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

so adorable!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Karen, you look adorable in that plane!!!!

Leslie said...

OMGosh that is TOO cute and you are too clever - piloting that plane too!!!

Anonymous said...

This is SO COOL! It's even better in person! Thank you for the amazing card and the lovely welcome!!! (((hugs)))

Michele Boyer said...

PI in a plane? Genius!!! LOVE that!! I really like how you used the flags on the inside too. SO cute!

Shannon White said...

Oh My Word is this Ever ADORABLE Karen! 8-) Just too CUTE! Love your Sweet PI image peeking out from the cockpit of the plane! Just a Fabulous card inside and out! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon