Sunday, January 22, 2012

You're the Best!

I came down to my stamp room today with no idea what I wanted to create...ugh. I'm never a happy camper when that happens, but I decided to go through my google reader and maybe I'd be inspired.
Pin It

When I came across Sketch 149 on the Card Patterns Sketch blog I knew it was for me. The weird thing is though, I rarely ever make shaped cards, so I have no idea why this one spoke to me, but it did, and this card is the result.

A simple card with a simple sentiment and a pretty flower embellishment. The sentiment is from More Essential Sentiments from My Favorite Things. I cut the double scallop border die-namic from pink card stock then stitched it onto the patterned paper (Echo Park Victoria Gardens) and the white base. The flower was created using the prima donna petals die-namics and I used the fancy flourish die-namic for the green accent. A little bling and this one was done!

Here are the die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Candace said...

It is gorgeous! I rarely make shaped cards, too, but yours is so pretty that you've inspired me to give it a try!

Dana White said...

This is fantastic - very shabby chic which is not your usual style!!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is so pretty, Karen. I love round cards and this one is so elegant!!! Love the flower, swilrs and bling!!!

Miche said...

Love the colours on this and all the bling. fabulous card!!

Michele Boyer said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! I love the red panel at the bottom of the circle! And the stitching...love that too! So pretty!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO beautiful! You should make more circle cards girlie...you are awesome at it!

Lenet said...

Great card!! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.