Soooooooo, are you ready to delve into the depths of my stamping mind?!? It can be a scary place sometimes! LOL!!
I created a video to help you get a feel for how I work, but I also did a photo tutorial for those who prefer photos. Click HERE to watch my video on YouTube.
I made this gorgeous card using Inspired by Flowers 2 and I started out with the Card Patterns Sketch #150 for the layout. By the way, MFT is sponsoring this sketch over on the Card Patterns blog so hop over there later to play along.
Here's a detail shot:
Next I chose the patterned papers. I decided to use My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two Sunshine for this card because I think the blues and yellows worked well with the daisy image. I decided to stamp the image onto kraft card stock instead of white or cream because I wanted to use coloured pencils to colour the flower. Also, I thought the kraft card stock coordinated nicely with the patterned papers. I chose the blue polka dot patterned paper for the background...it reminds me of the sky. I layered the image onto a square of hot fudge card stock to make it pop against the blue.
Next I started working on the layers on the bottom half of the sketch. The striped lines on the sketch reminded me of a fence so I used my woodgrain fence Die-namics die to cut the fence from whip cream card stock.
Next I assembled the base layers and I added a strip of yellow patterned paper along the bottom edge then stitched the layers onto some hot fudge card stock using a zig zag stitch. I thought some cappuccino twine would make a nice accent along the fence, tied in a bow. Also, I wanted to add a sentiment so I cut out a piece of vellum using the narrow banner from the first place award ribbon Die-namics and stamped the sentiment with black staz-on ink. I envisioned the banner placed across the stem and leaf of the flower.
Once I had the twine on the card I realized the banner sentiment just wasn't going to work, so instead I wrapped the ends of the banner around the back of the image panel and created a wrapped sentiment instead of a banner. Things evolved as I created and I had to change my vision, but I think that's half the fun of creating. I added some Jody boosters on the back of the image panel to give it a little dimension.
And here's the finished card front. I just have to add a kraft card base and I'm all done!
Here are the Die-namics I used:
Thanks for stopping by!