Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Holidays

I have a quick card to share with you today. I've been busy working on new MFT projects for teasers which start on Wednesday, but when the Clean & Simple FTL175 sketch popped onto my computer screen yesterday I knew I could whip up something quick.

I saw snowflakes as soon as I looked at the sketch, so that's what I went with. This is card #5 for Project Christmas 2012. I know I just posted a Christmas card yesterday (and, shhhhhhhh....don't tell anyone, but I have another one for tomorrow's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge) but there will be weeks later in the year when I'm sure I won't have one to post, so this will help me stay on track.
Pin It

I used Clearly Sentimental about Christmas from MFT along with the let it snowflake Die-namics. I cut the larger snowflake from blue skies felt then added some silver brads for a little shine. The sentiment looks like it was cut out using the larger banner from first place award ribbon Die-namics, and it was...kind of. The banner wasn't quite long enough so what I did was I measure the width of the die (which is 3/4") and cut a strip of paper 3/4" wide. Then I stamped the sentiment. Next I lined up the strip of paper inside the die and cut the fishtail end. The important thing to remember is to tape your card stock to the die so it doesn't move, and, most important of all...don't run the die all the way through the machine! Just run it through enough to cut off the one end then back it out, otherwise you'll cut off the end of your sentiment.

Here are the Die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!!
Karen

6 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Wowzers, Karen, Love this, the colors are great and do I see a new embossing folder on there? :)

Candace said...

Love it, Karen! Super simple and beautiful, too! Thanks for the tip!

Colleen Begley said...

I love this too, Karen. The blue and kraft look great together, as do the embossing folder with the snowflakes.

Colleen Begley said...

I love this too, Karen. The blue and kraft look great together, as do the embossing folder with the snowflakes.

Leslie said...

Ooooh, LOVE this...the colours, the felt snowflakes, the little zigzag sewing on the banner and the tip too!

Kary said...

Love this CAS card!! The embossed background goes so well with the snowflakes. Was that an embossing folder? Love the sewing too.