Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 3-Take Note Holidays

Today the Baker's Dozen has more new sets to share!!! I know!!! Could this release be any bigger? All the new products will be available for purchase at Taylored Expressions starting tomorrow, October 7th.

On the menu today you'll find holiday tags using Tag You're It and holiday organizational projects using Take Note Holidays and Keeping Tabs. I made a holiday organizer...cause I know that I can always use a little extra organization in my life, especially around the busiest time of year! LOL!!!

All the papers and embellishements on my project are from the new Tinsel and Twig Project Pantry. I started with a plain portfolio holder like this one from an office supply store. To fold it into the proper configuration simply reverse the fold in the center, which will make the slots face the outsides, then fold in the two ends accordian style. The end result, if you pick up the folded portfolio and look at it from the bottom, it should look like a "W".



I covered the inside and outside with papers from the Tinsel and Twig Project Pantry and stitched around the edges for a little interest. I used Keeping Tabs and the coordinating Keeping Tabs die to create section labels for each of the four areas. There are plenty more words to choose from though, which makes this set applicable to many different organizers.


For the front I used images from Take Note Holidays. I stamped Santa with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured him with copics. I'm all about the details on this little guy so I added sparkle to his belt with my pitch black Spica glitter pen. Then I covered the fluffy parts of his suit with white liquid applique and gave his glasses a coat with my clear glaze pen. Finally I covered his beard with white fun flock. I stamped the snowy frame with Memento Bamboo Leaves and cut it out with the coordinating Take Note Die 3. I used my stamp-a-majig to place the sentiment in the middle of the frame and the "Holiday Organizer" just above it. I pleated some ribbon for the middle and used my scalloped eyelet border die on  a strip of green along the bottom. Two red pearls finish the details nicely.




I can't wait to see all the organizers and tags the rest of the Baker's Dozen cooked up with these new sets!
and Nancy McKinney our Whimsical Wishes designer

I'll be back again tomorrow with yet another fun Christmas card using Merry Little Christmas.
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Dana White said...

this is fabulous my friend - what a cute santa!!

Karen Giron said...

Uber cute!! I love that fuzzy beard on Santa! What a fab way to stay organized!

Jodi Collins said...

ACK! LOVE this SO much Karen!! The different pockets are such a fab idea and I LOVE the front with that super cute Santa!!

Jess Willison said...

This is sooo cute! Great idea!

Jami said...

Oh this is so clever Karen and would be such an easy project for people to duplicate. You did a fantastic job on this - sooooo CUTE!

Nancy said...

This really is a beautiful thing, Karen! I'm sure you'll put it to good use. ;)

Anonymous said...

oh god, how I need that right now...thanks!!! Wicked Capt. Motz!

Regina Mangum said...

This is so CUTE! I love the liquid applique on the santa and how you blinged out his belt. Adorable and I love it!

Melissa Sauls said...

Ooooh, what a fantastic organizer! This would be just perfect tucked in my purse! :)

donna b said...

Cute holiday planner-love the fuzzy accents on Santa!

jan metcalf said...

Nice organizer, and I love the peppermint wreath you made a few days ago! Both very clever!