Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sweet Sunday Candy Cane

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC90. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

Unlike last week, I actually stuck to the sketch this time! LOL!!! Aren't these A La Modes from MFT just the cutest things?!? I've been dying to use Candy Cane Kisses for a while now and this was the perfect sketch.

She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured with copics. I added glitter to the candy cane and white liquid applique to the pompom on her hat. When I was looking through my Christmas papers I found this awesome MME Be Merry paper from one (or maybe two?) seasons ago. It's still one of my fave papers because of the fresh colours and I thought it was perfect for this image. I added some Tiny Twinkles to the sentiment panel for some sparkle. Then I pulled out some pink felt and cut it with my open scallop die-namic. I also used my Let It Snowflake die-namic on some white and red cardstock. This was one of the rare times that I worked ahead and I had time to let things dry so I applied Stardust Stickles to the snowflakes and even to the button. The next morning I tied it all together with some white butcher's twine. Sigh...I LOVE sparkle!!!!


I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now let's go see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Jen Tapler
Joanne Basile
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

14 comments:

Ann Kranitz said...

OK I have been staring at this gorgeous creation for a few minutes. I just LOVE every single inch of this!!!!

4 days!!!! Cant wait to see you!!!! Whoo Hooo!!!!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, and look at all those Stickles! You brave girl you, it is stunning!!

Hey, are you around this week? Coffee? Wine? What works better for you?

Dawn Easton said...

So pretty, Karen! That was some of my fave paper too! Think I have a teeny tiny bit left ;)

Love that you added the stickles to the embellishments! Perfect!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

GORGEOUS!! Love the sparkle on the snow flake.. absolutely STUNNING!!!

xx Sarah

Jackie Pedro said...

OMGosh....I just love this, Karen! All of the details are perfect! Jodi got me hooked on these images!!

Cre8tiveVet said...

This card is wonderful! I love the felt embellishment.

Vicki Burdick said...

Oh my goodness Karen this is sooooo sweet! You know I am one of your biggest fans and this cutie patootie is over the top!! LOVE IT!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Darling Karen! Love all the sparkle!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO very merry Karen! LOOOOOOVE the papers, the SUPER sparkly snowflakes and this sassy a la modes!!

Lynn Put said...

This is fabulous!!! I love all of the glitter and pretty colors!

Karen Giron said...

Felt and glitter??? LOVE it!! Super cute Christmas card and love the color combo!

Kim O'Connell said...

oooooooh weeeeeee! That is beautiful! Love the sparkle!

Dana White said...

Oh I love this card - I really must get colouring again!! love all the glitter. I hope I can play along this week

Unknown said...

I can't get over how cute this is! Did you see it in the newsletter today?

And....

Congratulations you're on of this week's Our Favorite Finds on the MFT Blog!