Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sweet Sunday Tree Time

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch, SSSC78. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog, The Sweetest Thing.

I went with Christmas again this week...the flowery element on the sketch was perfect for a ghost snowflake!!!

The image is Car with Tree on Top from Stamping Bella. I loved going to get the tree with my brothers and father when I was little...trudging through the snow...my dad trying to "make a day" of it. But I think the best part was coming home to a big mug of hot chocolate and warm cookies!!! Thanks Mom!!

The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Bella's Bestest Cream Paper and coloured with copics. I paper pieced the tree and added ruby red Bonbons for the ornaments. There's also a little yellow Spica glitter pen on the star and clear glaze pen on the car windows and lights.

Don't forget that this week's Bellarific Friday Challenge is to use Bellas or Stellas. To be included in the Friday round-up on Bloggabella simply email a picture of your creation to Em by Thursday evening.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now let's go see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with.
Jen Tapler
Joanne Basile
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Leslie said...

LOVE that card and the sketch! Think I'll use that sketch for some cards I need (wink, wink!) :)

Lynn Put said...

Adorable Christmas card Karen! Love the decked out tree and your sweet memories of when you were a child.

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Karen, Love that image with the tree, your Christmas cards are al; just darling!!! So sweet and great memories!

Denise Marzec said...

Love the dew drops on the tree!! How fun!!

Karen Giron said...

So cute! Love the dew drops and that fun little car. I can just picture you all bundled up picking out the perfect tree - how fun!

Kathy Martin said...

Love the card! Great sheer snowflakes! I still have a few of those around and use them each year. I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out...they make such an awesome holiday/winter embellishment! :)

Candace said...

Karen, I just love your card! Those red accents add the perfect touch to the tree! Would you mind telling where you get your ghost snowflakes? I see so many of them on Christmas cards, and I want some! I can't seem to find them, though.

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO fun Karen! LOVE the colors you used and the bling on the tree is so fun!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

So bright, cheerful and sweet..a perfect Christmas card! Love all the bling and the snowflake is the perfect embellie in the corner!

Janet said...

love it!!!!!!!!! :)
hugs

Krista said...

Cute card !