Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sweet Sunday Jet Setter

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC79. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

I decided to continue with the travel theme from Friday because so many crafters will be making their way to CHA this week. So this card goes out to everyone who's travelling...wishing you a safe and uneventful trip! Only two more sleeps til I arrive in Chicago...yahoo...and I'll be able to give Karen Giron a big hug in person and thank her for all the fabulous sketches!!!

I combined one of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges from Splitcoast (girls and gingham by the talented Denise) with today's sketch. I stamped the sweet Pure Innocence girl Are We There Yet? from MFT with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured part of her with copics. Her shirt, bag and luggage are paper pieced with patterns from MME Quite Contrary. I added a few Tiny Twinkles for a little sparkle then mounted her and the luggage on foam tape for dimension. In my mailbox yesterday was a gorgeous array of Divine Twine from The Cat's Pajamas...yummy! I couldn't wait to break into it so I used the cotton candy twine on my card. It's so nice to work with, pliable yet still has some body too.

I hope you'll play along with this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now let's go see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with.
Jen Tapler
Joanne Basile
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

14 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh Karen, she is just too cute! Reminds me of my kids when they were little and were always going to run away. Now that they're older and I do wish they'd run away, but they're still sitting in front of the TV(JK!). Adorable card!

chris said...

This is so perfect, its just right.
hugs chris xx

Pam Speidel said...

This is totally SWEET! Love all the extra details and paper piecing! Adorable card! Have FUN at CHA and keep us posted on all the goodies! Smiles, Pam :)

Leslie said...

D'oh! Can you hear me saying that?! She's super, super, super cute!!!! LOVE the paper piecing! Where can I buy a purse and case like that?!

Krista said...

Cute card !!!

Lynn Put said...

Oh this is so sweet! Love all of the paper piecing and embossing with the striped twine!
I'm look forward to meeting you and Karen G. at CHA next Saturday!
Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Adorable girl! You going to CHA??? Brat..working or playing or both!! LOL Dana going with you...I should ask her. I have been working so much that we haven't had our monthly dinner! Have fun!

Jackie Pedro said...

ACK! So cute!!! Love the twine!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is adorable Karen!! I love those PI little girls!! Have fun at CHA, I am sooo jealous!

Selene Kempton said...

Oh my goodness! This is a great card! I love the sentiment!

Dina said...

this is just darling! I love the paper piecing and colors! The sketch looks great too!

Candace said...

Oh, she is a CUTIE!!! Love this card, Karen! I only wish I were going to CHA! So, have lots of extra fun for all of us who can't be there! :) Be safe!

Colleen Begley said...

Super, super cute card, Karen! I love all the texture and the color. We should all be so coordinated when we travel. LOL. I also like how you changed the layout to vertical. I think I will have to use it in the future. Have fun at CHA.

Jody Morrow said...

WOW that is AWESOME!