Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sweet Sunday Kite

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch, SSSC77. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

This week's sketch is a shape of card that I don't seem to make very often so it was nice to get out of my box, so to speak. My finished card measures 3.25" wide by 6.5" high.

I used my new In the Park set from Taylored Expressions, along with my Summertime Project Pantry for all the papers, ribbon and button. The images are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. I cut out the kite and the dog then popped them on foam tape for dimension. The image panel seemed a little plain so I pierced around the edges. I used my grass punch on a strip of patterned paper and I think it finishes the little scene nicely. I used my open scallop border punch along the edges of the three bottom layers and stamped the sentiment on the red layer. Gasp...no sewing on this card!!!  :)

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now let's go see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created!
Jen Tapler
Joanne Basile
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Nancy Riley
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

CherylAnn Robinson said...

What a fun and happy card. So sweet.

Barbara said...

This is such a wonderful card! I love the dimension of the kite and puppy and the paper piercing is the perfect accent!

Michele Kovack said...

This is such a cutie pie card!

Lynn Put said...

Super cute card! I love how playful and fun your card is with all of the bright colors, patterns and sweet image!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Karen, love that kite and cute little puppy, between you and Karen, you are going to send me over the edge on that set!!!

Pam Speidel said...

This is just so FUN and the colors are so cheery! Love the images and how you've given them dimension. Super creation! :)

Nancy Riley said...

Such a happy card! Those colors and images are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card!

Jami said...

Absolutely DARLING! Love that sweet little pup and everything about your card!

Karen Giron said...

Hey! GMTA! haha! Love your patterned grass - seriously every time I see this punch I need to run out and get it and then I don't. That's it - it's in my cart!! Love that little pup!

Ida said...

Super Fun and Cute!