Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Taylored Expressions-It's Release Day!!!

Yippeeee! It's finally here...release day at Taylored Expressions and there are two fabulous new stamp sets, Berries and Cherries and Chillax. Today you'll find the Baker's Dozen showing samples of both sets.
I decided to use the Berries and Cherries along with the Berries and Cherries Key Ingredients for my project today. I know I say this all the time, but I truly love the Key Ingredients because everything coordinates beautifully.
I wanted to make a little gift package for some chocolate covered berries so I created a little box to hold a cello bag filled with chocolates. The little box was super quick and easy...it's just a 2-4-6-8 box, but I altered the dimensions to 3-6-9-12 so it would be a little bigger. I used my 1 3/4" circle punch to create a window in the front of the box then decorated it with a few strips of paper and some ribbon from the Berries and Cherries Key Ingredients. I stamped the row of cherries along the bottom with red ink and the sentiment with Memento Rich Cocoa. I used my 1 3/4" circle punch again to create a reverse scalloped edge along the top of the box then assembled it using Sticky Tape.
Next I created a fun tag to attach to the bag of chocolate covered berries. Did you know that the circle in Berries and Cherries coordinates with the 1 3/4" circle punch? How fabulous is that!?! Oh, and you can also use the 1 3/4" circle punch with lots of images in the Chillax set too, just take a look at my post from yesterday! Ok, back to the tag...I stamped the strawberry with Memento Rich Cocoa onto Choice Snow White, coloured it with copics, then cut it out. Taylored Expressions is now selling Copic Sketch markers and Spica Glitter Pens...wooo hoo! Check it out here! I stamped the circle onto Razzleberry Medium from the Berries and Cherries Key Ingredients and punched it out with the 1 3/4" circle punch. I used Foam Tape to pop the strawberry for dimension then attached it to the bow with a jump ring.
I moved on to creating the card after my package was all complete. I really like the layout of my card in yesterday's post so I decided to duplicate it with the cherry images from Berries and Cherries. I stamped the circle three times and punched it out with the 1 3/4" circle punch. I'm into the 'out of the box' look for images lately so I wasn't fussed when the entire bowl of cherries didn't fit into the circle...I placed it offset instead. Both cherry images are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. They're also both popped on Foam Tape for dimension then I added the sentiment to the center circle.

Here's the detail shots of the cherries.
The white card base measures 3.25 x 6.5 inches. I added a few layers of solid colours, a strip of patterned paper and some yummy ribbon to finish it off. All the supplies I used on both the card and the box are from the Berries and Cherries Key Ingredients.
Taylor is offering a fabulous Berries and Cherries Bundle full of amazing products at a great value, so be sure to check it out. And if you haven't already done so, you really should sign up for the Taylored Expressions Newsletter for all the latest and greatest! You'll find the sign up box on the TE homepage.
You can see plenty more samples using Berries and Cherries and Chillax by visiting the rest of the Baker's Dozen.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Jami said...

Wow! Your coloring on that card is really amazing!!!!!!!! Love the whole set!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

What a rich and delicious set! Love the chocolate background...it totally rocks, and your design is amazing!

TannyP said...

Great gift idea - they'd be gobbled up in minutes! Your coloring is phenomenal...yummy!

Denise Marzec said...

FANNNNN-TASTIC coloring again, girl! AWESOME!

Meahni said...

Hi Karen. Those cherries look good enough to eat, and I LUUUUV fresh cherries! All these cards you did are beautiful, and the colours are so nice and bright.

Jodi Collins said...

When, my friend, when are you coming back to longisland? I NEED to get some Copic coloring lessons from you...PRONTO!! These are MAGNIFICENT!!!

Karen Giron said...

AMAZING! I am loving the way you color your images, it's beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful coloring on your cherries Karen! and I love the scalloped edge on your pretty box!

Sankari W. said...

Karen - your coloring IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I mean for real!!! HOW do you DO IT!!!! I love the coloring on the strawberries and the cherry coloring and the layout is beautiful!!! Seriously!!! Oh and I Didn't even get to mention the treat box/bag!!! Holy MOly awesomely delicious!!!! You SOOO rock!!!! Sending you big hugs!!!