Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Need More Memory...

This week's challenge in the MFT forum on Splitcoast is to create something with a back-to-school theme. Instead of making a card I decided to alter a mini composition book.
When I was flipping through my pile of MFT stamps searching for just the right one, Digital Girl from the Who's That Girl line jumped out at me, especially the "I need more memory" sentiment. After all, schools are about more than just books these days, the kids all use computers too, but I chuckled to myself at just how funny it would be to use Digital Girl and the sentiment to alter a paper book...it still makes me chuckle! Although, I'm a paper-lovin' girl...up until just a few months ago I was still using a paper planner for my appointments and stuff...hubby laughs at how long it takes me to embrace a new gadget, then I plow ahead full steam commenting on how much I love my new 21st century gadget! LOL!

This book is little, only 3.25 x 4.5 inches big so I chopped the image at the bottom of the desk to fit better. Digital girl is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured with copics. I can colour so much faster with copics than I can with pencils, so I still tend to reach for my copics first. The desk is paper pieced.

The patterned papers are from Jillibean Soup, the Minestrone line. I adhered them directly to the composition book then added some orange ribbon. I used an EK border punch on some chocolate chip to create the spine piece and attached it with Score Tape so it's very secure. The only embellishment I added was a small ghost flower and an orange bonbon.

Since we don't have kids and I'm not going to school any time soon, I think I'll tuck this into my purse for when I need to make a note, or maybe jot down a sketch or idea that comes to mind when I'm out.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

I love love LOVE what you do with Copics...seriously, girl, amazing! These papers are great too and I'm lovin' the clear flower and dew drop. Perfect!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute! :)

Unknown said...

Cute cute cute! This is so fun! I'm a notebook girl too, even with an iphone and a laptop, I still have paper notes, everywhere...

Janet said...

what a cool idea!! i may have to use this stamp for an up coming challenge! ;)
hugs

Unknown said...

Totally adorable Karen!! That paper is so pretty!! :)

Emily said...

LOL, I need more memory too Karen, but it has more to do with my age than anything else. This is so very cute! Love that blue paper and how you pieced the desk.

Ann Kranitz said...

I am so a paper girl. I write lists for everything and I keep a 3 subject spiral notebook on my counter and write everything in there of importance that way I only have one place to look for things that need to be done. Love this notebook. I need to alter mine now!!!

Norine said...

this is so cute love it
Hugs
Norine

Christyne said...

Oooh! I am TOTALLY saving this for future reference! How stinkin' cute and would make a FANTASTIC gift for my kids' teachers.