Friday, August 21, 2009

Let's Chill Out and Hang...

Happy Bellarific Friday!
Today's sketch was provided by the talented Bella Babe Meahni. I must be honest, I wasn't so sure about this sketch when I first saw it, I thought I'd have trouble with the little elements on the side. But, once I started my card everything fell into place perfectly. Isn't that often the case...the sketches that look most challenging work out the best. This is also my Christmas card for the week.

I inked up the Winter Clothes image from Stamping Bella with Memento Tuxedo Black and stamped it onto Bella's Bestest Paper. After choosing the patterned paper I wanted to work with, I coloured the image to coordinate using copic markers. I added a little sparkle to the mitts and scarf with a red Spica glitter pen then gave the toque a fluffy/sparkly pompom with liquid applique and some glitter.

The white card base is 5.25 inches square. I layered some Pink Pirouette then stitched the My Mind's Eye patterned paper to the base (it's still one of my favourite Christmas collections...I just love the colours in this MME line). There are two ribbons layered onto another strip of Pink Pirouette across the center and the image is layered onto Riding Hood Red. The sentiment was punched out with my SU oval then I added some green and red buttons (threaded with paper strips) and a ghost snowflake to the top left corner.

So are you ready to pop over to Bloggabella and see what everyone created? Let's go then! Oh, and don't forget to leave a comment on the post while you're there, you could win $10 Bella Bucks!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Rene Sharp said...

Love this card! I am a fellow South African and friend of Meahni!! I really must get some Bella stamps, cause you guys seem to have a blast taking part in all these challenges. I LOVE your blog, I visit every day. Hugs

Janet said...

such a cool card!! love it!
hugs

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh-so-SWEET, Karen! Love that dp, too. Have a wonderful weekend!

Meahni said...

Stunning job Karen... It's seems everyone managed a lot better than me ;-)

Jody Morrow said...

Adorable card! I love it!

Shannan Teubner said...

LOVE this one, Sistah!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

A real cute card today. That DP is adorable...

Emily Leiphart said...

I really love this card! Thanks for the Christmas inspiration!

Susan N. said...

What a cute card. I love the colors you used. You make the best cards! Thanks for sharing.