Monday, August 10, 2009

Cheers!

I made this card for Taylor's Sketch Challenge #77, TESC77. I'm lovin' the new Chillax set from Taylored Expressions and having an absolute blast creating with it!

This time I created a trio of drinks for the main panel. Everything is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured with copics. The middle drink is popped on foam tape for dimension and I swiped my clear Glaze pen over each of the glasses to make them shine. The image is cut out with octagon Nestabilities and layered onto black, then I stitched a zig zag around the edge.

I chose a fun pattern from Basic Grey's June Bug 6x6 pack and accented it with black and Prism Blush Red Medium. The sentiment banner is stamped onto Prism Frosted Kiwi. Finally I added some black twill and I fished through my Whirligig buttons for the accents. I've seen people thread their buttons with fine strips of paper and I thought I'd give it a try this time. I really like the result and it was much easier than using white floss.

Cheers to you, and have a fabulous day!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

Gwen said...

OH! you got the new set!!! lucky! :)
I just love what you have done with it!! it's a darling card!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love that idea of using paper to thread the buttons and your glazing is perfect!

Patricia Garcia said...

I love this set, your card is awesome!