Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's Release Day at Taylored Expressions!

Woooo Hoooo!!!! It's release day at Taylored Expressions!!! 


I thought I'd share another card I made using the new Whimsical Wishes line, Branching Out and Branching Out Coordinates. I promised it would be completely different than the elegant card I showed in this post...and it is...it's a totally whimsical card and I LOVE it! AND, just about all the supplies I used are from the Easter Key Ingredients, which includes patterned paper from My Mind's Eye and coordinating Prism cardstock. 

I started by stamping the trunk with chocolate craft ink and embossing it with clear powder. Then I stamped the birdhouse, woodpecker and flowers with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and coloured them with copics. I cut out that part of the image with a square Nestability. 
For the top of the tree, I stamped the plain circle with Memento Rich Cocoa onto Frosted Kiwi Prism carstock and cut it out. Then I ran it through my swiss dots cuttlebug folder. I stamped one of the individual leaves onto patterned paper and cut out the leaves, then popped them on dimensionals. The final step on the tree top was adding some lime green Stickles to each of the raised dots...it's so sparkly and pretty!

For the card base I ran some Birchtone Medium through the D'vine Swirls cuttlebug folder then layered on some patterned paper. The twill ribbon has a sparkly thread going through it...it's gorgeous in real life! Three Tiny Twinkles finish off the flower centers. 

I couldn't resist the sentiment...it cracks me up! I can see taking this card to a friends house, or giving it to a new neighbour, or even just sending it to someone I haven't been in touch with for a while. 

If you were at the release party this morning at Paper Craft Planet you might have seen this awesome colour challenge Taylor created just for this release. Well, it's not too late to play along! To celebrate the release of her new stamps at Taylored Expressions, Taylor is giving away a Key Ingredients Birthday Boy Key set.  All you have to do is create a card inspired by these colours and upload it to Paper Craft Planet using the tag tecolorchallenge (all one word all lower case). You must have your cards uploaded by Monday, March 9th at 8am PST to be eligible for the Key Ingredients giveaway. Can't wait to see your fabulous creations!


The uber talented Baker's Dozen will have more samples for you today, so be sure to hop onto their blogs, and don't forget to go shopping!  :)


Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

14 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

ADORABLE Karen! I LOVE all that embossing! So cute!

Nancy said...

Wow, Karen! The detail is incredible. I'm a friend who you haven't seen for awhile ;)
Love 'ya and everything you do!
~Nancy

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love your card! It's so crisp and vibrant and whimsy....just perfect!

Jodi Collins said...

Just FABULOUS Karen! LOVE the layout, all the texture and your rockin' coloring!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Soooo many cool details on this!!....the embossed tree, the DP for the leaves, awesome shading on the birdhouse...LOVE...IT...ALL!

Cilla said...

Hi Karen,
I just happened upon your blog and I love it! I think your creations are Fab. I adore this color combination; it's fresh and fun.
TFS

Sankari W. said...

HOly Frijoles!! LOVE that birdhouse on that cute embossed tree!!! Absolutely awesome!!! LOVE the embossed background and the embossed tree--- soooo beautiful!!! Your card is just Saucy!!!

Janet said...

wow this is soooooooo cool! i love the colours!!
hugs!!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

Wowzers...this is ADORABLE! Love all the details!

Taylor said...

Now this is adorable, Karen! You're blowing me away with all your samples! Love the embossed tree topper! Thanks so much for making this such a fun release day!

Karen Giron said...

Holy cow Karen, this is fabulous! I love how the embossed swirls match that tree so perfectly - must copy that!!

Cathy said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love the embossed tree top! BTW, have a great time on your trip to see Dana and say Hi from me!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card Karen! Love the colors and the new TE stamps. Congrats on being part of the Baker's Dozen. :o)

Anonymous said...

These rock! You must be so excited to be here today...or last night, what a gong show snow storm! See you Tuesday!