Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good Coffee and Good Friends

I finally had some time today to play with Lauren's Saturday sketch. I must admit, this one stumped me a little so I thought long and hard before deciding which stamp set to use. I knew I wanted to use smaller images in the two small circles and not just embellishments, so I finally landed on using My Cuppa Joe from Gina K Designs. 

I stamped the two mugs and the coffee pot with Memento black onto Gina K pure luxury 80lb white. I coloured the images with copics then cut them out with either circle punches or circle nesties. I chose to go with pinks and browns because my Bittersweet paper was still out on my stamp table and I wanted to use it again.  :)

The card base is Gina K 120lb pure luxury, followed by some Chocolate Chip. I stamped the sentiment with versamark and embossed it with white EP so it would stand out against the chocolate background. I pierced along the top and left edges of the chocolate piece. I found it needed some bling to spice it up so I added a row of Cotton Candy Bella Bonbons beside the sentiment. Then I tied a little pink gingham bow onto a mini library clip and attached it to the coffee pot circle. The very last thing I did was coat the coffee pot with crystal effects so it would look glassy...then I set it aside in a safe place to dry. The layers are all popped on dimensionals so it adds a lot of height, which doesnt' really show in the photos. 

I love coffee and I love friends, and I love chatting with friends over coffee. It's such a good excuse to get together! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Norine said...

this is really a nice card the coffee looks real
Hugs
Norine

Nicky said...

Great card. I love the R81,83 & 85 they are my favourit pinks. The coffee pot really does look so real. LOVE IT !!!

Nicky

Leslie said...

Jumpin' Java Joe - that's one strong pot of coffee! Love the 'glassy' coffee pot and I had to look twice at your first photo because it looks like your Bella Bonbons were 1/2 darker pink at the top - cool!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card. What did you do to the bon bons to make them look like actual candy? TFS! Janet in NC

Janet said...

this card is awsume!!!!! love it!!

Lisa Foster said...

How Adorable! Wow! Great colors and coloring! I love that stamp set...I must go shopping! :)