Monday, January 26, 2009

A Cupcake Intermission

I'm taking a little intermission from Taylor's Cupcake Celebration sketches cause Jen posted her Sketch For You To Try on the weekend and I {heart} her sketches too, so I just had to play along. 

I grabbed one of my many 'circle' stamps from Stamping Bella (sorry, I looked for this specific one to link to it on her website but I couldn't find this one). These circle stamps are great because they fit perfectly inside the Jumbo Marvy circle punch (the blue one). Then I used my circle nesties for the layers. 

The image is coloured with copics and I added Pink and Stardust Stickles to the balloons for lots of bling. It's layered onto Rose Red and Chocolate Chip. 

For the card base, I started with some Gina K 120lb pure luxury cardstock, then a layer of Chocolate Chip followed by Pumpkin Pie. The patterned paper is Basic Grey Phoebe (6x6 pad) cause it was still out on my desk. I pierced around the edges of the patterned paper for a little interest. Then I ran a piece of Rose Red through my Spots & Dots cuttlebug folder and inked the raised areas with Brilliance Moonlight White. 

The ribbon is retired SU chocolate...I love the frilly look! It seemed to need a little something though so I ran a bead of Crystal Effect down the middle of the ribbon and added a row of Hot Lips Bella Baubles (isn't that a fabulous name for an emBELLAshiment!). 

I must have been thinking of my BFF {{{waves...hi Dana!}}} when I made this card, cause it's 'our' colours. Haven't chatted with her all weekend...feels like forever to me!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Love those circle stamps from Stamping Bella - as you say, they are a perfect fit in the jumbo punches. It's a perfect card for Dana, and what a load of hot lips :)

Janet said...

super card! that paper is fab!! i need to pull out some non-SU paper one day! lol

Corie said...

This is just beautiful -- so bright and happy!!

Anonymous said...

great card!! love all the details...especially the sparklies!! hugs-jd