Monday, October 14, 2013

Holly Jolly

Have you seen the October release from My Favorite Things? In case you missed it, the design team has a Release Rewind to give you a little inspiration with the new products. Hop over to the MFT Blog for a list of today's participating designers.

I created card number 27 for Project Christmas 2013 and I used MFTWSC sketch 145 for the layout.

I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then I used the Swiss Dots Die-namics to cut out the Nightshift Blue layer.


The Pierced Rectangle STAX Die-namics were perfect for cutting out the Smooth White panel for the sentiment. Then I stamped the saying from Grand Holiday Greetings using Nightshift Blue Premium Dye Ink and Electric Red Premium Dye Ink. I popped the sentiment panel on foam tape for dimension.

For the background layers I cut a strip of Electric Red card stock to size then I stamped it with the diamonds from More Washi Patterns. Next I used the Insert It - 3x4 Notepad Die-namics to cut out the Kraft layer, then stamped it with the Sheet Music Background using Kraft Premium Dye Ink.

On the inside I stamped a sentiment from Cheerful Christmas Greetings (this month's Free with $60 set) using Nightshift Blue Premium Dye Ink.

You'll find all the new products from the October release in the Brand Spankin' New section of the MFT Boutique.

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Lisa H. said...

gosh, I love how you use those peek a boo dots! fabulous card, Karen!

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the red, white and blue combo for your Christmas card.

Anonymous said...

This is adorable !!
& now I just need to get the Swiss dots cutting plate!! :))

Leslie said...

This is quite cute! I really love the colour combo and that you flipped the sketch once. I'm thinking I need those pierced die-namics? Rectangles or circles or both? :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so cute!