Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Make a Wish

I made another birthday card using Birthday Sentiments from My Favorite Things. I can't seem to put this set down. It's perfect for clean and simple cards like this one. I went masculine again with my favorite boy colours and the Unscripted Sketch 205 was a perfect masculine layout.


I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then added a layer of Blu Raspberry and Kraft.

I used the Chevron Stripes Die-namics to cut out chevrons from Orange Fizz, Lemon Drop, and Sour Apple cardtsock then stitched them in place on the Kraft layer.

For the sentiment I used the Circle 1 STAX Die-namics to cut out the Smooth White circle and the Orange Fizz bit at the bottom. I created a perfect Blu Raspberry layer thanks to the Circle 2 STAX Die-namics. I used the coordinating Blu Raspberry Premium Dye Ink to stamp the sentiment from Birthday Sentiments, then I stamped it again with Lemon Drop Premium Dye Ink. I cut out the candle "i", adhered it with foam tape then added some Star Dust Stickles for the perfect amount of sparkle.

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love those happy colors and fun chevron die cuts ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

Geri said...

Holy kamoly girl...this is one perfecty executed card! Your stitchin is flawless! You have got to let me know if you did this by machine...if so, you sure know your machine! These colors rock on kraft card stock and make the perfect fun, bright & cheery guy card. I am thrilled to have been able to see your card and so glad that you shared it with us at Unscripted Sketches.

(ggreener@mymts.net)