Sunday, April 28, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

With Mother's Day less than two weeks away I thought I'd better get my mom's card made.

Lucky for me, I'm actually going to be with her this year on Mother's Day. I can't even remember the last time I got to spend Mother's Day with my Mom.


I started with a Whip Cream card base then used elements from the Blueprints 1 Die-namics and the Blueprints 2 Die-namics to create the layers for my card. I cut out the Kraft rectangle and the Paver Red scalloped square using the Blueprints 1 Die-namics. I stamped the houndstooth pattern from Spring Backgrounds with white chalk ink.

The sentiment panel was also cut out using the Blueprints 1 Die-namics. I stamped the sentiment from Sweet Roses using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink then added a couple of flourishes from Finishing Flourishes with Kraft Premium Dye Ink.

The double ended Kraft flag was cut out using one of the elements from Blueprints 2 Die-namics. I used the gorgeous Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose Die-namics to create the Pink Lemonade flower and the Sour Apple leaves were cut out with the Royal Leaves Die-namics.

On the inside I mimicked the layout on the front of the card and stamped another sentiment from Sweet Roses and more flourishes. The longer Paver Red strip was cut out using the Blueprints 2 Die-namics.

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I hope you have a special day with your mom :)

Karen Giron said...

GASP! How stunning is that flower with the pearl center??? Love the pop of green with the leaves too - just gorgeous!

Leslie said...

So pretty! I know your Mum will love the card but love spending time with you even more :)

Dana White said...

This is beautiful and you are so lucky to be spending Mother's Day with your Mom!!