Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Have Hope

Have you had a chance to play along with any of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges over on Splitcoast? Well, what are you waiting for?!? There are great prizes and a new challenge every day in October, so there are plenty of reasons to play along. Not to mention the cards are going to a very good cause.


I made this card for the Peaceful Pink challenge, HYCCT1215A...to create a card that evokes peace, calm, and serenity with a pop of pink. I chose a pretty sky paper from the Glitz Hello Friend paper pack and paired it with Sweet Tooth and Kraft cardstocks. I used the Simply Scallops Medium Die-namics to cut out the scalloped edge. The layout is from the Retro Sketches blog, RS#34, but I flipped it and I'm using the mirror image.

Butterflies are peaceful to me, the way they flutter along the wind currents, so I used Inspired by Butterflies from My Favorite Things for the image, stamped with Memento Peanut Brittle ink. I cut out the butterfly with the coordinating Inspired By Butterflies Die-namics and I used the Plentiful Petals Die-namics to cut out the Pink Lemonade flower on which the butterfly is landing. The sentiment from Have Hope was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and I added a rhinestone flourish for a touch of bling.

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

No comments: