Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Birthday and a Loopy Hemp Cord Bow Tutorial

I'm squeezing in one more card for the month-long Hope You Can Cling To challenge over on Splitcoast. This card is for HYCCT1219, a birthday in pink.


When I saw one of the inspiration photos I knew I had pink striped patterned paper just like the wallpaper in the photo, and after a few minutes of searching I pulled out My Mind's Eye Market Street paper pad and set to work. I used CTS#1 for the layout, from the new CAS(E) this Sketch blog and went just slightly grungy by inking the edges of the patterned paper with Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks.

I used the Vine Border Die-namics to cut out the Kraft vine and the Flower Medley Die-namics were used to cut out the Pink Lemonade and Kraft blooms. I ran the blooms through my swiss dots embossing folder for a little texture. I topped the flower with a Pink Lemonade button and added a loopy Hemp Cord bow behind the flower. I love making these and they're easier than you might think, so I have a little photo tutorial below. I stamped the sentiment from Finishing Flourishes with Memento Tuxedo Black and stitched the layers together.

On the inside I stamped one of the sentiments from Clearly Sentimental about Birthdays.

Loopy Hemp Cord Bow tutorial:

1. Wrap a double strand of Hemp Cord around your fingers twice, using either three fingers or four fingers, depending on the size of your flower.

2. Check the size of your loops with the flower. These look good to me.

3. Squish the loops together in the center to form the bow.

4. Sandwich the center of the bow between two large sticky dots.

5. Adhere the bow to your card using one side of the sticky dots.

6. Adhere the flower to the other side of the sticky dots and trim the ends.



Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

wendy said...

gorgeous, thanks for the tutorial too!

Danni said...

Very pretty card and thank you for showing how to do those loopy bows because people like me need photos!!

Leslie said...

Pretty card and great tutorial! I don't use the sticky dots I try to tie another string around the middle...your way is SO much easier - thanks!!