Tuesday, November 1, 2011

MFT Release Time - New Product Tour

You've been waiting so patiently (or maybe not) all week and the time is finally here for you to go shopping in the MFT Boutique for all the new goodies the design team has been showcasing for the past week.

We have just a little more inspiration for you though, more samples with each of the new stamp sets and die-namics. When you're ready to shop, you'll find all the new products in the Brand Spankin' New section.

I worked with Fred Bear Catches Some Zzz's. I love love LOVE Fred Bear! This set is no exception. I made a fun little paper lantern using the new Loopy Bloom die-namic and created a short video to show you how, so be sure to scroll down and have a peek at my video.

Fred is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copic markers. I paper pieced the pillow using one of the patterns from the Authentique Comfort & Familiar 6x6 pad. I used the just the ticket die-namic to cut out the sentiment tab and added three brown brads to balance the card.

Here's the detail and dimension of the lantern I created using the Loopy Bloom die-namic. I added some yellow under the lantern to imitate the light but it was difficult to get a good shot of it.

On the inside I stamped Fred again with Memento Rich Cocoa and added a patterned strip that I cut with the fun Wonky Scallop Border die-namic.

Do you want to watch my short video on how to create the paper lantern from the Loopy Bloom die-namic? Watch it on You Tube HERE


There's blog candy hidden on one of the designer's posts so be sure to leave some love as you hop around. You'll find a complete list of all the designers participating over on Kim's blog.

Here are the die-namics I use:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

17 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

So cute Karen, love that lantern!!!

StampOwl said...

love that lantern Karen, thanks for the video

zehra said...

The lantern is so cute, you all have such a creative way of seeing dies differently. Just through each release I learn so much. Thank you for the video, it truly helps.

Barbara said...

Fred is so adorable, Karen! I love how you colored up his fur!! Totally realistic!

wendy said...

whow how inventive..thanks for sharing

Karen Giron said...

LOVING that lantern! You are genius and I loved your video. Makes me miss you lots and lots. Aw! Your card is so super sweet too!

Angel said...

seriously?! how'd you think of a lantern from a loopy bloom?!> so creative! awesome coloring of Fred!

Melody said...

That paper lantern is such a cute, creative idea!

stampqueen said...

Love the lantern idea and your bear looks so wonderfully fuzzy!!

Lisa H. said...

soooo cute and creative! loove your video. thanks for sharing!

Michele Boyer said...

This is SO cute! LOVE your lantern! So creative!

Trisha said...

So cute!! Love the inside also.

Unknown said...

Just darling, Karen! Love your coloring and the lantern is so clever and wonderful!

Leslie said...

Come on! You are SO crafty! A lantern out of a flower die?! LOVE the video....please make some more :)

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your Fred card, and the lantern idea!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE the lantern! How SMART are you??? Fabby card my friend!!