Friday, September 4, 2009

Spooky and Sweet Sneak Peeks Day 2

It's day two of sneak peeks at Taylored Expressions! Today the Baker's Dozen is showing some hauntingly fabulous Halloween creations and Cuppie is back, in disguise though! Trick or Sweet II is for all the Cuppie fans...how could you not love a cupcake in costume?!? Spooky Expressions could be cute or creepy depending on your mood. Taylor has put together an awesome Halloween Key Ingredients kit and two Halloween bundles too! These new products will be available in the TE Store on Saturday, September 5th. I've used the Halloween Key Ingredients on my three creations today...

Let's start with a little sugar rush from Trick or Sweet II.
Talk about a cute clown Cuppie! Isn't his expression just perfect for that sentiment! Cuppie is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. Then I cut him out with rectangle Nestabilities. I layered plenty of papers from the Halloween Key Ingredients, added some fun sparkly black ribbon, then added three of the awesome epoxy brads that are included in the KI. The spider brad is part of the Trick or Sweet Bundle.

Now let's get a little creepy with the Spooky Expressions set.
Isn't the crooked tree SO cool with it's spider webs and orange eyes???!!!!??? The tree was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and the eyes were coloured with copics. I added some clear Glaze pen to the eyes so they shine IRL! I stamped the swirly fence onto orange then cut it out with Labels 1 Nestabilities and adhered the cut out tree with foam tape. I added the sentiment and stamped the smallest spider along the edges. The two purple bat buttons are part of the Halloween Key Ingredients and the black bat brad is in the Spooky Expressions Bundle. The green glimmer twill adds the perfect amount of shimmer to this card.

And because I'm more sweet than creepy (...at least I like to think I am! LOL!) I'll finish with another Cuppie from Trick or Sweet II.
Isn't he Super sweet!!! LOVE this set and all the little costumes!!! For this card I used Splitcoast Sketch Challenge #243. He's coloured with copics again and I added clear Glaze pen to his green mask so it shines. I added a little stitching on this card, both around the image and around the edges of the card base, then finished it with one of the patterned acrylic buttons and some ribbon from the Halloween Key Ingredients.

Here are the copics I used on these cards.

And now for the two bundles:
Be sure to check out more spooktacular creations by the rest of the Baker's Dozen.

Tomorrow is release day and the Taylored Expressions Birthday Bash on the SASI blog. Woo Hoo!!! See you soon!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

17 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome coloring, girl,......and WHOAAA!!....look at that amazing CUT WORK on the tree!!!

Leslie said...

Love them all 'cause you know I LOVE Halloween! The cuppie costumes are to die for...bwaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaa!

Karen Giron said...

I'm with Denise - you did a FAB job cutting out that tree! It's perfect! Love your clown card, he's so cute and the super cuppie, well you know I love him!

Jodi Collins said...

You have outdone yourself girlie! Each one of these is more fabulous than the next! I totally LOVE them all, but superhero Cuppie is totally my fav! I must agree...you are WAY more sweet than spooky!! MWAH!

Taylor said...

Oh how a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!!!! I'm so glad you used the clown with that sentiment...it makes me LOL! And I'm glad you used Superman too! He's one of my favorites from the set, but I was too busy with my piggies to ink him up! :)

TannyP said...

I think the clown is the creepiest of all the images I've seen, but I do love the SUPER cuppie! FAB cards, Karen!

Jackie Pedro said...

Karen, these cards are fabulous! Your coloring ROCKS, as ususal, and I just have to say that Superman Cuppie card is just the cutest! He's my fave!!

Donna Baker said...

your cards ROCK! I love the clown with green hair & your tree trimming is so precise! Your coloring is the BEST, as usual!

Sankari W. said...

I have to agree with Jackie - that your coloring is FANTASTIC and Super Cuppie is my fave -- he is just so dashing in orange and green!!! LOVE it!!! (and you totally cracked me up - I think you are NOT at allll creepy!! silly! You are da sweeeeet saucy one!!! Big hugs!
Sankari :)

Sharon Harnist said...

Oh, I love that sugar rush clown, Karen -- such a sweet card, those brads are wonderful! Great tree card, wonderful layout! And Superman is just SO sweet -- beautifully colored!

Anonymous said...

Super-cuppy to the rescue! Dang, he is cute! Amazing cards this sneak peak!

Ann Kranitz said...

Oh goodness are these amazing!!! I cant believe what you did with that tree and your coloring is superb

Patricia Garcia said...

Oh this set I must have I love all the cuppies I can't wait for the release!!

Hugs
Patricia

Norine said...

both cards are super cute love them
Hugs
Norine

Emily Leiphart said...

Love these! The spooky tree with eyes and cobwebs is fabulous and superhero cuppie just makes me smile!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are adorable, Karen! What wonderful cards!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous creations Karen! Love the way you used the brads as design elements and those buttons are so perfect for your designs!