Monday, September 28, 2009

Let Your Heart Guide You...



I just love The Places You'll Go from Taylored Expressions...it's so versatile and the quotes are amazing!

For my card today I decided to use one of the more simple images but the quote still has plenty of impact...it reads "Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.". I used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge from a couple of weeks ago, MTSC39 for the layout. I stamped the sentiment twice with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and cut out the heart so I could pop it for dimension. I coloured the heart with a red copic then added a layer of clear glaze pen to make it shine. The sentiment is cut out with Labels 3 Nestabilities then I pierced around the edge.

All the supplies for this card are from The Places You'll Go Key Ingredients. I ran some Intense Kiwi through my swiss dots Cuttlebug folder before adhering it to the Buttercream card base. Then I stitched the colourful patterned paper to some Desert Coral Dark and added some fun buttons. I finished the card with a rust twill bow.

I really love how this turned out. It's simple and was quick to whip up because there wasn't much colouring. I think the longest part was threading the buttons with paper strips...LOL!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

1 comment:

Janet said...

such a great card karen, simple and sweet:)
hugs