Monday, January 12, 2009

Elzy's Road to a Friend


I made this card for Jen's Sketch For You To Try. I love her sketch challenges. She's also giving away some great blog candy so pop over and have a peek. 

I haven't used this little Elzy yet (and yet she's still smiling!) so it was high time to get her inky.

I stamped the Elzybells 'Girl in Car' stamp with Memento black onto Gina K pure luxury white. Then I stamped her again onto one of the patterns in my new Basic Grey Bittersweet 6x6 pad. I paper pieced her car and even gave her some custom hubcaps! She's one cool Elzy! The rest of the image is coloured with copics. My friend Miche does the best little details on her cards with crystal effects, so I borrowed her idea and painted some crystal effects onto the headlights for the look of real glass. The sentiment is from A Muse Artstamps. The image was cut out with nesties and layered onto a scallop of chocholate chip.

The card base is Gina K 120lb pure luxury, followed by a square of chocolate chip with distressed edges. Next I a square of pink from the Bittersweet pack through my D'vine Swirls folder (only the bottom 3/4 of the square would fit but it worked well for my card). Then I sanded the raised areas so they'd stand out a little more. The strip across the top is also from the Bittersweet pack. 

I layered a Heidi Swapp gel blossoms with a pretty white shimmer flower from MFT, then with a couple of pink Primas. I finished off the flowers with a small SU pink rhinestone brad. Finally, I added three pretty buttons on the left side of the image.

Pink and chocolate...those are definitely my colours! So that must be me waving hello, on my way to a friend's house. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Norine said...

she is just too cute love that color really nice card
hugs
Norine

Unknown said...

Cute cute cute!

Janet said...

so cute! love the colours!!

Lisa Foster said...

How CUTE! I love this Elzy! Great sketch too!
I also want to thank you for sharing which Copics you used...that is SO helpful to me! Learning lots! :)

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card. I love the colors you have used. I appreciate you sharing what Copics you used on the card. I do love the A Muse stamps. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Can I have that card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helene said...

Cute card

Christina Hill said...

I can't believe the paper piecing you did on this card. Great job!