Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Namaste {MFTWSC120}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 120.

As I usually do, I flipped the sketch to work with the image I wanted to use and I guess this week I did more of a loose interpretation of the sketch. That's ok though, right?


I started with a Whip Cream card base then added a layer of Blu Raspberry and Grape Jelly. I cut the Kraft image panel down to size then stitched it to a Whip Cream layer.

I stamped the image from Pure Innocence Serenity with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It Blending Card and coloured her with copic markers. I used my colourless blender to add the polka dots to her shirt after it was all coloured. I fussy cut around her then popped her on foam tape for dimension.

I used the Flat-Bottom Clouds Die-namics to cut out the Sweet Tooth felt cloud and I backed it with a Whip Cream card stock cloud for more stability. On the Grape Jelly Layer I used the flower image from Spring Backgrounds, stamped with white chalk ink, to create the happy floral background.

The grass was fun to create using the new Grassy Edges Die-namics. I cut both sizes from Sour Apple and Factory Green card stocks. I added texture to the Sour Apple grass by stamping the line image from Border It - Mod Borders using Sour Apple Premium Dye Ink. Then I added pattern to the Factory Green grass by stamping the houndstooth image from Spring Backgrounds using Factory Green Premium Dye Ink. I like how the patterns don't really show but they add a little dimension. I wrapped the card with Hemp Cord then added a Kraft button. For the sentiment I used the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics to cut out the Whip Cream piece then stamped the sentiment using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink.

Here are all the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC120. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!

Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

16 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Oh! What a great take on the sketch! Love her polka dotted top!

Karen Giron said...

I love how you used the grass instead of the banners - so fun! Your coloring is out of this world perfect. LOVE her!

Alina said...

so pretty!

Danni said...

Love this!! Fabulous!!

Tracey said...

Loving the purple! Absolutely fabulous!

Amy Rohl said...

The cloud is SO so SO perfect, Karen! LOVE what you do with purple, great coloring!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word!!! This is SOOOOO cute! I am loving the bright colors and the most adorable layout! This gave me a big smile today. :-)

Anonymous said...

OOOOHHHMMM!!! Is this what you and Dana will do soon?? Where is the wine?? Love it honey!

Tricia T said...

I love the bright colors and the adorable polka-dotted shirt, Karen!! So cute!

Tricia

Jackie Pedro said...

Oh My Word. Cuteness OVERLOAD! LOVE this, Karen

Mona Pendleton said...

She is so adorable Karen! Love how you captured the highlights in her hair! What a peaceful scene! Makes me want to pull out my yoga mat! Thanks for the inspiration!

wendy said...

so super cute, lovin the purple!

Bonnie said...

Oh she is so cute! I love how you added the polka dots to her little yoga outfit!

Leslie said...

Another stunner! I LOVE how you used the sketch and the grass and that fluffy felt cloud!! And her yoga outfit is pretty sweet. Maybe I'll take up yoga just so you can send me this! :)

Dana White said...

Oh she is fabulous - love the colours you chose

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

She is so adorable, love the colors and the great design.