Monday, April 15, 2013

Hi and Happy Birthday

The April release from My Favorite Things was just a week ago so the design team has a little more inspiration for you, using the newest products. Hop over to the MFT Blog for a list of participating designers.

I inked up a couple of line images that I didn't get a chance to use during teasers.

I started with Pure Innocence - I Wheelie Like You and I followed Inge's tutorial in the MFT Academy again for colouring with Prismacolour Pencils on Kraft.


I started by stamping her with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Kraft card stock then I coloured her with Prismacolour Pencils. I had fun doing her "jeans" by first stamping the image again onto Berrylicious card stock. Then I used the denim stamp from Western Backgrounds with Blu Raspberry Premium Dye Ink right over the jeans. Next I cut out the jeans and adhered them over the image. I did add just a touch of shading with a grey copic marker. Also, I used a black copic multiliner and ruler to add two straight lines on the edges of the image panel.

I knew I needed a little weight on the left side of the card so I used the Border It - Mod Borders set and stamped the line image with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink onto Whip Cream card stock. I adhered that strip under the Kraft panel and added a narrow strip of Orange Fizz.

The letters were super fun to create. I used the Bottom Line Alphabet Die-namics to cut out the letters from Berrylicious card stock then covered them with Star Dust Stickles. Once that dried I gave them a thick coating of Glossy Accents and left it to dry overnight.

Love the shine and dimension from this effect!

On the inside I used the Bicycle Die-namics to cut out the Kraft bicycle and stamped the sentiment from Pure Innocence - I Wheelie Like You using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. To help draw attention to the sentiment I used two images from Border It - Mod Borders stamped with Blu Raspberry Premium Dye Ink and Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink.

**********
Up next is this sweet Happy Birthday card using the adorable Cupcake Cutie stamp set.


The stack of cupcakes on the table looks so delicious, I just had to ink it up. I stamped it onto X-Press It Blending Card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with copic markers. Then I fussy cut around the image because I knew I wanted to pop it on foam tape for dimension. I placed it onto a Hot Fudge panel so it would really stand out.

In the background I used the Border It - Mod Borders stamp set to create the triangles by stamping it with Kraft Premium Dye Ink directly onto the Kraft panel.

Along the bottom I stamped the sentiment using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. I should also mention that I used the Blueprints 2 Die-namics to cut out the Kraft base layer and also to cut out the Hot Fudge strip. I love that it fits perfectly inside the Open Simply Scallops Trio Die-namics, which I cut out of Pink Lemonade.

On the inside I stamped a trio of balloons (by masking the center one) and added the strings with a black copic multiliner. I stamped the sentiment from Birthday Sentiments using Hot Fudge Premium Dye Ink.

Here are the supplies I used on the Hi card:



Here are the supplies I used on the Happy Birthday card:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Purple shirt and blue jeans!!! so cute I just want to squench her. Love all your fabulous designs.

Lisa H. said...

in.love. you have nailed the prismacoloring on Kraft!!! looooove it and her jeans. your other two cards are fantastic, too.

Leslie said...

Girlfriend, you are ROCKIN' the prisma pencils!! Love her hair! Her jeans! The HI! Another lovely flat card, perfect for mailing :)
Love the cupcake one too and bonus points for all that fussy, FUSSY cutting you did!!!

wendy said...

WOW.... Karen you certainly nailed the coloring again...love it...... you go girl!!!

Dana White said...

You are really rocking those pencils - super sweet

Leslie said...

I wheelie, wheelie like my card - thank you!!!