Thursday, August 5, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 2-Tweet Hearts

Today the Baker's Dozen is sharing sneak peeks of a very "tweet" new set called Tweet Hearts. All the new products will be available at Taylored Expressions starting tomorrow at 8am PST.

Anything with birds just makes my heart melt and these images are so fun and whimsical with paisley, dots and flowers adorning each of the bold images. This set can definitely make for some quick and simple stamping...no colouring required.

Of course I just couldn't seem to take the quick and simple road...sigh...and I decided to cut out most of the stamped elements. The images are quite simple though and really were a breeze to cut out, and the circle images that I used as my 'flower' work perfectly with circle punches!

My Summertime Project Pantry was still out on my stamp table and I thought the bright colours would work perfectly with Tweet Hearts so I used it again today. The layout is Mercy's Tuesday Sketch, MTSC82, from a few weeks ago. I stamped the branch with Memento Rich Cocoa onto Choice Snow White then cut it out with circle Nestabilities. I left the die in place and sponged a little Memento Summer Sky for the background. The leaves are stamped in Colourbox Olive Pastel onto green cardstock and the two birds are stamped in Colourbox Warm Red and Yellow Ochre. I used Yellow Ochre again for the larger circle element and topped it with an image stamped in Colourbox Deep Lagoon (which really doesn't look very deep at all in my photo...sorry!). I added lots of stitching and popped several of the elements on foam tape for dimension, then finished the card with some Crystal Twinkles for a bit of bling.

Are you ready for more eye candy? Then lets hop over to the rest of the Bakers Dozen blogs to see what they cooked up with Tweet Hearts.

and Nancy McKinney is playing along today too!


Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

Sankari W. said...

No YOU make a good day even better!!!!! Awwww - look at all this amazingness you created Karen! LOVE the way you did the leaves coming out of the circle and you rocked all the stitching in this card - WOWZA!!! The little birdies are so sweet and love the little flower bling in the center --- gorgeous!
Miss you saucy girl!!!
hugs galore :)
Sankari :)
ps - was thinking about you as I poured milk while making my coffee this morning (but I didn't stop at 2 packets of sweetner :))))

Taylor said...

This is sooo cute, Karen! First, I love the layout! And I love the bright colors you used and I can't believe all your scissor cutting... it looks fabulously perfect! Although I find myself wanting a die for EVERYTHING now! lol

Jami said...

This is so bold and bright and FUN! What agreat job with that sketch!!!

Jodi Collins said...

SUPER delightful Saucy!!! LOVE this layout and those papers!!! LOVE all the cut out images too!!!

Dina said...

Karen this is so darling! I love the colors and DP and the cut out images just pop off the card! Great job!

Nancy said...

You do make a good day even better! Love your colours and the sponged focal shape with those adorable birds trimmed and arranged perfectly!

Donna Baker said...

what a fun & fresh card!

Melissa Sauls said...

WOWOW!! It may have taken a bit more work, but I love everything cut out and popped up! Just absolutely looks stunning! And all that stitching....*swoon* Beautiful!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I just LOVE this, Karen! The colors are so bright and happy! Just beautiful!

Karen Giron said...

You are a-m-a-z-i-n-g! Love the bright cheery colors and all of that glorious stitching! And there's that warm red again! So pretty!

Jackie Pedro said...

L-O-V-E it!!! The colors are so bright and cherry!! Adorable!!!

Carolina said...

What a happy card Karen! Love the bright colors and you rocked the sketch!!!