Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sweet Sunday-a Beautiful Day

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC83. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

This week's sketch is compliments of Nancy McKinney, so you'll see that she's playing along too. I can't remember how the topic of sketches came about, but during CHA in Chicago we were all together sitting at the bar laughing and having a fabulous time, then Nancy started sketching layouts on the back of napkins. I know there's more to the story than that, but the wine from that evening seems to have clouded my memory. ;)

I knew when I saw this sketch that I wanted to focus on a sentiment in the circular panel, and when I saw the MFT guest designer challenge (to focus on a sentiment) I figured I'd use my Framed Greetings set with the coordinating Die-namics, and throw my name in the hat for the contest. I used a couple other Die-namics too, the jumbo scallop border with a piece of denim, and the flower and leaf trio with patterned paper from October Afternoon. The background circle is cut from a cork sheet and I used some pink felt with my Sizzix 3D flowers die for the pink flower. I adore how this turned out, with the bits of stitching and the pleated ribbon along with all the neutral colours.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now let's go see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have created.
Jen Tapler
Joanne Basile
Lynn Put
Nancy McKinney
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

14 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

LOVIN' the cork paired up with the denim!!

Lynn Put said...

Fabulous card Karen!!! I'm laughing at the "clouded my mind" part from your post here, it sounds like you girls had a fun time. I love the combination of the denim, cork and felt flower on you card!

Candace said...

Love the denim and the cork...so much texture! Beautiful!!!

Leslie said...

Wow - very nice! LOVE the felt flower! :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful! LOVE the cork and that felt flower is to die for!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this fun card Karen!! The cork and denim and felt all look so great together!!

Jami said...

So so cute! LOVE that felt flower - I think I need to find that die!

Monique said...

Oh Karen I just love this..The cork, denim, felt flower...Just beautiful !!

Carolina said...

Gorgeous card Karen!!! Love your take on the sketch and the flower is darlin'. I just bought that die and I'm having a blast with it too! So nice to see it with felt.

BTW - did the chocolates arrive in one piece? Hope they didn't melt! eek!

Margaret de Witt said...

This card is fabulous Karen. The embossed grid paper really makes the cork and sentiment stand out. I love the ruffled ribbon and the felt flower is fantastic.

Karen Giron said...

Oooh, how fabulous! A brand new idea on what to do with those old jeans!! How perfect! Love your flowers too - the paper choice is amazing! *wink*

Jessie/knightrone said...

Love all the texture on this!! Too pretty!!

Cookie said...

love the felt flower-I love your site...you are so creative.
Cookie Sheldon
www.longaberger.com/cookiesheldon

Ann Kranitz said...

Oh my goodness this card just makes me happy looking at it!!!