Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sweet Sunday Well Wishes

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC82. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

I needed a masculine get well card for a friend of ours and this sweet Pure Innocence girl, Better Get Better, from MFT was calling out to get inky.

I used my new Cosmo Cricket Wanted mini deck for a masculine feel, plus the woodgrain paper is perfect for our friend because he's a contractor. The image is coloured entirely with copics and I added a smidge of sparkle with a Spica glitter pen. It took all my willpower not to add rhinestones between the scallops on the open scallop border...gotta try and keep it masculine, after all! Oooh, I should have used cork for the open scallop...doh...why can't I think of these things while I'm working on the project, not once it's all finished? I figured a little sewing was ok though, along with some twill ribbon, tied in a knot. I love how the buttons add a nice accent but they blend into the background paper so nicely too...it really makes the sweet PI girl the star of the show!

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's Blog. Now let's hop over and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have created.
Jen Tapler
Joanne Basile
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

13 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

Adorable! You are my coloring hero!!

StampOwl said...

super cute

Leslie said...

Lovely! PI girls are just SO perfect for ANY card - manly or not!!

Lynn Put said...

So sweet! This cute PI image and the warm earth colors you used look wonderful together!
Your card would cheer me up if I were sick.

Pam Speidel said...

Such a SWEET image and perfectly colored to coordinate with the designer paper. Love today's sketch and hope to play along! ♥

Vicki Burdick said...

So sweet, love those PI images!!! Your card is amazing!!!

Karen Giron said...

LOVE this PI girl with those warm earth tones! What a cute little image :D

Krista said...

Cute card !!!!

Colleen Begley said...

Hi Karen, This card is SOOOO sweet and I love all the rich colors. I think I need to get this paper pack :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

So super cute!!

Monique said...

Such a adorable image and colored just perfect!! TFS!!

PS. I love your mittens in your profile picture I want a pair!! :)

Carolina said...

Love what you did with the sketch and the PI girl is just so darlin'!

Guess where I finally made it to this weekend? Yep, Ghirardelli Square and boy are you in for a treat! Sending them off tomorrow...enjoy!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wowww....the layout, the colors...all so RICH!