Monday, May 4, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks Day 2

Woo Hoo...it's day two of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions. Weren't all the samples from yesterday just adorable! Today I'm showing you the brand new Boys Will Be Boys set from the Whimsical Wishes line, which will be available in the Taylored Expressions Store tomorrow, Tuesday, May 5th at 8AM PST. Both cards use supplies from the Father's Day Key Ingredients...love, love LOVE the key ingredients!!!
This first card uses the golf image, which I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream. Then I coloured it with copics, and I stamped the flag a second time, cut it out and popped it for dimension. 


The card base is Choice Buttercream, then I layered some brown, which I ran through my Argyle Cuttlebug folder. I added a strip of patterned paper to the left then adhered some ribbon. I had great feedback on this ribbon treatment I did last week so I thought I'd repeat it here...I think it's masculine enough with the button. I finished it off with a fun golf bag charm.

 While the charm isn't included in the Father's Day Key Ingredients, it is included in the Boys Will Be Boys Bundle.

I think I might save this card for a future masculine birthday instead of using it for Father's Day,  but it would work well either way.   :)

Here's another card I made with the Boys Will Be Boys set and the Father's Day Key Ingredients, along with a metal sheet that's included in the Boys Will Be Boys Bundle (the entire contents are listed at the bottom of my post). I used the Splitcoast Sketch SC226 for the layout. 



I started by stamping the tool belt  with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream then coloured it with copics and cut it out. My idea with the metal sheet was to make it look like industrial peg board and I wanted to have the tool belt 'hanging' on the peg board. First I cut out the metal with  rectangle Nestabilities then I paper pierced all over to make the holes. I added four screw brads to the corners to "hang" it on the wall (one of the patterned papers from the Father's Day Key Ingredients). Then I placed another screw brad on the peg board and attached the tool belt with dimensionals. 

I combined two sentiments in the circle, cut them out with Nestabilities then paper pierced around the edge. The rest of the card uses the fun colours of solid and patterned papers that are included in the Father's Day Key Ingredients, as well as the buttons. 

If you've never tried one of Taylor's Key Ingredients kits, let me tell you that the value in the kit is amazing. And, it's all so well coordinated that you can whip up creations in no time. Here's what's included in the Father's Day Key Ingredients:
Prism cardstock (2 sheets of each colour): Intense Orange, Tawny Medium, Intense Teal, Island Mist Light, Blush Red Dark
2 sheets of Choice Buttercream cardstock
Patterned paper by Cosmo Cricket, the Lil' Man collection
5 yards of coordinating ribbon
20 screw brads
a package of coordinating buttons

Taylor is also offering a fabulous Boys Will Be Boys Bundle, which will be available on Tuesday, May 5th at 8AM PST. Here are the bundle details:























Check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen for more peeks with the Boys Will Be Boys set.

Tomorrow is release day and I'll be back with more eye candy using one of the new sets. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen



15 comments:

Janet said...

OMG these are amazing...i always struggle with man cards!!
hugs

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, girl, I love these cards! So BEAUTIFULLY done...both of them! Love the ribbon treatment on the first one, and what you did with the metal on the second one is fantastico!!

Leslie said...

Wowzer - those are fantastic!!!

Jami said...

Wow Saucy! Both cards are FAB! Love the argyle treatment on the first one and the peg board on the 2nd one is genius! :)

Jodi Collins said...

Could these two GORGEOUS cards be any more par-fect? I think not my friend...I think not!!
LOVE both of these!! The peg board on the 2nd card is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!

Taylor said...

So awesome, Karen!! Love both of the cards and your idea for the industrial pegboard is genius!

Julia Aston said...

what a couple of great cards Karen! love the argyle embossing on the golf one and the great ribbon - and the tool belt peg board is so creative! I thought at first that was a cell phone in there - but it's the remote (of course!!)

jacque4u2c said...

My father in law is a golf fanatic! he would love the first card! It really is par-fect!!!!!!!

Karen Giron said...

So, so, SO cute! Can you say cute for a man card? haha! I love that little golf bag charm.

Dana White said...

Love these cards - need those sets!! Ummmm the first one you could technically send to me since I'm off golfing in the sun!!

Donna Baker said...

both of your cards are awesome, Karen!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Both are just gorgeous, Karen! LOVE the layouts!

Sankari W. said...

Holy mackerel Karen - LOVE the golf card - its PAR-fect :) the embossing really gives it such a great touch and the metal embossing on the second card is awesome!!! LOVE the layout too with the circle sentiment!! You sO Rock!!!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Wow! Both cards are amazing...but I especially love the first (I'm sooooo loving Kraft right now)!! You do exquisite work (and your coloring is gorgeous!)!

Anonymous said...

Damn Girl, you have it working right now ! Love both of these so much! You are making Taylor proud to have picked you! You rock!