Friday, May 8, 2009

Patricia's Bellarific Birthday

Happy Bellarific Friday! This week's challenge was fun...the theme was Birthdays! Perfect...who doesn't need birthday cards all year long!

I started by inking Patricia Birthdaycake from Stamping Bella with Memento Tuxedo black and colouring her with copics. I cut her out with my new Octagon Nestabilities...what a fun shape and a nice change from circles and ovals. These aren't colours I would normally work with, but I really like how the image turned out. I gave her hair a bit of a reddish tinge to coordinate with her pretty orange dress. For the layout I used Jen's Sketch For You To Try from last weekend. 

The card base is rust with Dream Street Heartsong patterned papers sewn onto the base. I wrapped some blue ribbon around the card base. I had to put some cardstock on the inside of the card because it was looking a little ugly with the stitching and ribbons...ah, the perils of only one layer on the card base...LOL! For some bling I added 5mm Pumpkin Glitter Bella Dots all around the scallop octagon. I just love how the dots fit perfectly in the scallop. 

It's my friend Janet's birthday today, so after I made this card I popped it in the mail to her. Happy Birthday Janet!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

This is so cute! Great job! :)

Miche said...

FABULOUS colouring!!! I think you missed a spot for a dot though...LOL

Mandi said...

Just gorgeous! :)

Sheri said...

Fantastic colors..Love it!!!!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is fabulous, Karen! Love it!

Janet said...

awwwwwwww i love it! it was a nice surprise in my mail box:)
hugs!

Christyne said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! Great card Karen!

Anonymous said...

OMG Karen I just love it. Those colours are fabulous together :)