Sunday, May 10, 2009

Feel Better!

Here's a darling get well card with the brand new Doctor's Orders set from Taylored Expressions. There are so many wonderful Cuppie images in this set, I had a tough time deciding which ones to use first. 

I started by stamping the Cuppie image (which has 'get well' already written on the balloon) with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White. Next I stamped the "feel better" sentiment close to the image and cut it out with octagon Nestabilities. I coloured the image with copics and paper pieced the cupcake liner. 

I pulled out my My Mind's Eye Penny Lane papers again for this card...I just can't seem to get enough of those purples! The card base is Choice Snow White, followed by a layer of eggplant. I sewed around the edges of the striped paper and distressed it a little. I used my scallop border punch on a piece of orchid opulence and added some Bella dots to the scallops. The image is layered onto eggplant and I tied a big fluffy kiwi bow to finish it off. 

Hopefully I won't need to use this card any time soon, but I have one in reserve now. Don't you find that 'get well' cards are the ones you need last minute and never seem to have? And if this card doesn't brighten someone's day, I'm not sure what will.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

4 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Absolutely darling! I LOVE these fab colors together! WOW!
Hope you have a fantastic day!
~Lisa :)

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, this is AWESOME! Love the scalloped, glittery edge...and you KNOW I LOVE LOVE LOVE these colors! :)

Happy Mother's Day!!

Leslie said...

I may have to get sick in the hopes of receiving this cutie cupcake :)

Happy Schnauzer's Day to Shadow's Mum!

Cheri W said...

Ooh, yummy color combo! Adorable lil' stamp, too!