Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sweet Sunday Birthday

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge SSSC203. I'm loving that we're back to weekly sketches…how about you?

I needed to make a card for hubby's birthday so I used this week's sketch to create a simple, masculine birthday card.


They're always the most difficult type of card to make, IMHO, and I think this one turned out great! The orange fizz background layer was embossed with the Diamond Plate Cuttlebug folder and the patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Boy Crazy collection. I used the Banner Greetings stamp set and coordinating Banner Greetings Die-namics from My Favorite Things for the sentiment and popped it on foam tape for dimension.

I coated the star accents with a few layers of clear glaze pen to make them stand out a little and to help give the card some dimension with the shine.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Barbara Anders
Dana White
Jackie Pedro
Jenny Peterson
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the supplies I used:






Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Love, love, love this Karen! This color combo is fantastic. The layout is super fun!

Dana White said...

What a perfect guy birthday card!

Barbara said...

Your bright colors always make me smile, Karen! Love this cheerful design, and that embossed background is perfect for a guy! You nailed it!

Leslie said...

Hubby's birthday?! Please pass along my very "good" wishes for a lovely day :) This is a perfect manly card!

Lisa H. said...

sooooo FUN and fab for a guy! love the playful colors and papers. He'll love it!

Lynn Put said...

What a fun birthday card! Your banner and stars look fantastic with the textured background and cute patterned paper.