Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving {MFTWSC152}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 152.

Hop over to the MFT Blog for all the details and to link your creation.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day in the US and we've been invited to have dinner with friends. I thought Pure Innocence Cornucopia was perfect for the thank you card I wanted to go with the hostess gift I'm bringing.


I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then added a layer of orchid opulence (SU) and a layer of Kraft. All of the elements were cut out using the Blueprints 8 Die-namics.

For this little sweetie I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It Blending Card then coloured her with copic markers. I fussy cut around her and mounted her on foam tape to the Steel Grey rectangle.

I added two Grape Jelly buttons tied with Hemp Cord, as per the sketch. The dots on the background layer were stamped using the Large Scale Backgrounds and Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink.

On the inside I added a Sweet Tooth scallop and stamped one of the sentiments from Pure Innocence Cornucopia using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink.

Have fun with this week's sketch and Happy Thanksgiving to my US readers!

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

wendy said...

that is super cute, great for the hostess...Happy Thanksgiving Karen!

Kim O'Connell said...

Love the unexpected colors for a Thanksgiving card! Very eye catching!

Leslie said...

Such pretty colors and such a pretty girl! Happy Thanksgiving... I'm thankful for you and my thanksgiving miracle today 😉

Heather Rogers said...

She is super sweet! Love your polka dot stamped background. :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable