Thursday, August 22, 2013

Happy Holidays

Today I'm sharing a quick and easy holiday card. This is card #16 for Project Christmas 2013.


I started out with a Sweet Tooth card base then added a layer of Fuse Green and Kraft. My colour choices were actually taken from a new pad of patterned paper that I intended on using, Authentique Tradition collection, but then I decided to create my own patterned paper using the Plaid Builder Background...love it!! I stamped the plaid directly onto the Kraft layer using Kraft Premium Dye Ink, Fuse Green Premium Dye Ink, and Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink. The layout is STS#2 from the Seize the Sketch blog, but I made a vertical layout instead of horizontal.

Along the bottom of the card I used the Accent It - Celebrate Die-namics to cut out the Electric Red piece then I stamped the "holidays" from Clearly Sentimental about Christmas with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. I could have left the card alone at this point...it would have been a gorgeous clean and simple design and super easy for mass production, but I decided to follow the sketch.

I used the Christmas Ornaments Die-namics to cut out the Steel Blue ornament and Fuse Green holly leaves, then I added three clear rhinestones and coloured them with my R46 copic marker. I stamped the hanging string using an image from Christmas Ornaments and Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. Then I used a black copic multiliner to add the string mark on the ornament hanger to give it the illusion of being properly hung, instead of merely floating in mid air.

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from Clearly Sentimental about Christmas using Electric Red Premium Dye Ink.

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

L.O.V.E.

This is awesome, Karen!!

Lesley said...

What a great take on the sketch! Love the ornament and the die cutting you have done. Thank you for joining us at Seize the Sketch.

Cheryl said...

Hiya Karen! Absolutely love it...really nice Christmas card!

Danni said...

Wonderful holiday card!

Ida said...

Beautiful and festive Christmas card.

~amy~ said...

Such a gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely CLASSY and Elegantly modern card!

Wonderful! I love it!!!
-Kimberly

Lisa H. said...

adorable. that plaid is awesome. such a sweet Holiday card.

Colleen Begley said...

Super cute card, Karen. I love the colors that you've used. I just placed a MFT order and the Accent-It die is in my order. Hopefully, I can make something just as cute.

Stacey Schafer said...

these are gorgeous, Karen!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this Karen! The colors are fabulous. LOVE every detail :)