Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy Birthday to You

Today is the second day that we're taking a look back at this month's amazing release from My Favorite Things, which you'll find all in one place in the Brand Spankin' New section. The design team has gorgeous samples to inspire you so hop over to the MFT Blog for a list of today's participating designers.

I just can't get enough of the Blueprints 5 Die-namics so I used it to create my card today.

The layout is one of the provided sketches that come with Blueprints 5 Die-namics, making it super easy to whip up a quick card.


I started with a base of Sweet Tooth then used the Blueprints 5 Die-namics to cut out all the elements, including the Kraft layer. I cut out the top rectangle from Sno Cone card stock then stamped it with the Jumbo Mod Borders using Sno Cone Premium Dye Ink.

I like the look of the bracket edges that are included in Blueprints 5 Die-namics. I used the smaller one to cut off the end of the Blu Raspberry layer. The sentiment panel is Smooth White and I embossed the sentiment from Birthday Greetings with white embossing powder. Then I wanted a brushstroke background to highlight the words so I created a wash using Sno Cone Premium Dye Ink Refill and Banana Split Premium Dye Ink Refill, then I simply painted them on.

Along the bottom of the card I used the border from Blueprints 5 Die-namics to cut out the Banana Split accent and cut the flower from Grape Jelly card stock. The flower center is Sno Cone and I gave it a generous coating of glossy accents for an enamel dot look (thanks for that tip Jodi!).

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from Birthday Greetings with Kraft Premium Dye Ink and added a Blu Raspberry accent. The balloon is from the Party Balloons set and it's stamped with Banana Split Premium Dye Ink. I drew in the string with a black copic multiliner.

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card!! I love all that aqua!! :)) :))

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love the wash of colors over the embossing!

wendy said...

really fab ! love all those amazing colors!

Cheryl said...

Great technique with the "wash"...wish I still had my scrap-room to try this...it's great Karen!

Dana White said...

The washed colours are perfect for this great birthday set!