Thursday, March 14, 2013

Single Layer Poppy Thank You

Today I have a very clean and simple, single layer card to share.

I had visions of this card with a single, beautiful poppy bloom. I used the new Pretty Poppies stamp set from My Favorite Things, along with Electric Red Premium Dye Ink and Gumdrop Green Premium Dye Ink.


I stamped the stem first, onto Sweet Tooth card stock, but it wasn't as long as I wanted so I lined it up and stamped it another time to elongate it. I did a pretty good job lining it up, if I do say so myself, but just in case I stamped the leaf directly over the seam in the stem. I curved the sentiment to fit the curve of the stem and stamped it with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. To finish it off I added some black rhinestones to the center of the flower and rounded the top right corner.

This is a fabulous design if you need to make a bunch of cards, and you could use the same design with other sentiments too.

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

1 comment:

Judy Cook said...

Oh Karen, I just love this simple card. That would make a great gift set of Thank You cards. Beautiful!