Sunday, September 30, 2012

One Sketch Three Ways

Do you ever look at a sketch and think "I could do this, or I could use this, or even this would look great!"? Well, that's exactly what happened when I saw SC403 from Splitcoast. I had so many ideas pop into my mind that I decided to make them all and show you just how versatile a good sketch can be.


It helps that this sketch is rather clean and simple, so it accommodates a number of themes, embellishments, and images. I decided on lots of Die-namics and minimal stamping which made each of these cards quick and easy.

Let's start with Have a Great Day. The sentiment is from the All Smiles set from My Favorite Things.


I let the big flower take center stage. I used the Plentiful Petals Die-namics to cut out Kraft card stock then topped it with a Whip Cream button tied with Hemp Cord. The patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Meadow collection and I thought the blue needed to be brightened up a little so I used the Dizzy Border Die-namics to cut out the Whip Cream strip. I know the strip isn't really part of the sketch but I ended up keeping that element for each of the cards.

Next up is the fun Halloween card. I used the Spider Web Sentiments stamp set for the sentiment, inked with Memento Tuxedo Black and stamped onto Kraft card stock.


The patterned paper is from the Carta Bella All Hallow's Eve collection. I used the Halloween Charms Die-namics to cut out the polka dot ghost and layered him onto a circle of Whip Cream which I cut out using the Circle 2 STAX Die-namics. I layered that onto a Black Licorice element which I cut out with the small size of the Decorative Doily Duo Die-namics (say that name five times fast!). The card needed a touch of colour so I used the Picket Fence Die-namics to cut out the Tangy Orange fence.

Finally we have the Happy Holidays card, which happens to be card #31 for Project Christmas 2012. The sentiment is from the Merry and Bright set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Whip Cream card stock.


I wanted to change the horizontal element a little so I used my Traditional Tags STAX Die-namics to cut out the patterned paper, which is from the Lilybee Designs Jingle collection. Then I added a strip of Sno Cone grosgrain ribbon. I used all three sizes of the Let It Snowflake Die-namics, cutting the base layer from Berrylicious felt, the next layer from patterned paper, and the top layer from Sno Cone card stock. The little felt star on top is actually from the middle of the biggest snowflake...cool!

Here's the actual sketch.

Here are the Die-namics I used:









Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

great cards, Karen!!!! That is a great sketch!

Leslie said...

Really? Seriously? How do you come up with these great ideas?! You are one clever stamper!

Dana White said...

brilliant, brilliant, brilliant