Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thank You {MFTWSC69}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 69.

I'm pretty sure I say this every week, but what an amazing sketch with so many possibilities!!!

Teasers flew by last month and I didn't have a chance to ink up the new à la modes An Apple For Teacher so I used her for this sketch and I think she looks awesome!!! I used the space below the center panel for a sentiment then stitched a frame to help draw attention to it.

She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copic markers. When I was looking for patterned papers to use with her I knew I wanted to paper piece the apple, so when I saw the red polka dot paper in the My Mind's Eye Dilly Dally collection, I knew it was the one. I cut out all around her then used the vertical greetings Die-namics die to cut out the woodgrain paper.

I keep reaching for the pretty posies Die-namics die lately whenever I need a flower and today is no exception. I cut out both polka dot paper and wild cherry card stock so I could alternate the layers.  The center was cut from hot fudge card stock and I added a baja breeze corduroy brad for a little pop of colour.

On the inside I repeated the layout on the front, stamping her with baja breeze ink, then the sentiment in black. I had some flowers left over from creating the one on the front of the card so I added the smallest polka flower on the inside and for the blue center I simply punched a 1/4" circle from berrylicious card stock so it doesn't add a ton of bulk on the inside.


Here are all the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC69. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is lovely well done I love the flowesr great work Hugs Elaine

Jodi Collins said...

AWESOME card my friend! LOVE the papers and your coloring!!

Danni said...

Love the polka dots! Cute card!

Queen Mary said...

Karen, I loved you used the dienamic as a frame for the alamode; I LOVE your paper pieced apple and matching flower! LOVE it!

Barb said...

What a sweet card--love the design and the great colors!

Jill Norwood said...

I want your polka dot apple! Adorable apple and card!!!!!