Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fab Friend?

I'm thrilled to be the MFT Fab Friend this month!!! Talk about a super fun honour!! Pop over to the MFT blog and check out Kim's post, then come back here for the deets on my little project. I'll wait......

.....thanks for coming back!!

Everyone has notepads by the telephone, right? Well I was looking at the notepad on our desk in the kitchen the other day and thought "hmmm...it's not very cute. I should do something about that.". And that's how this little notepad was born!

I started with a plain memo cube from the dollar store (for my Canadian readers...this one is from Dollarama, which means I've had it since before we moved here nearly three years ago!). I thought this sweet Pure Innocence set was perfect to jazz up my kitchen notepad.

She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. I popped her on some layers that I cut with my layered label die-namics. The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye Fine & Dandy Tickled Pink. I added two pink mini rolled roses and some white pleated ribbon, then stopped at that. I wanted to keep it fairly simple.

I stamped a few of the papers...probably about 10 of them...which was enough. I plan to take paper from lower in the pile to keep the cuteness on top!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

16 comments:

Janet said...

this is super cute:)
hugs

Jenn Borjeson said...

Gorgeous, love it!!!

Michele Boyer said...

Woo hoo! Congrats! :)

This is SO cute! I LOVE that you stamped the girl on the note paper!

Leslie said...

She IS cute! I think I may even have one of those notecube blocks lying around....now, just to find someone who has that stamp....hmmm. :)

Vickie Z said...

How adorable is this!!! Look at the stitching around the oval....perfect!! Love those papers!!

eva said...

oh my, this is soooo cute! i love the way she fits so nicely on the layered labels die--so perfect!

Carolina said...

Soooo adorable Karen! What a great way to start off my week then with this beauty. Congrats on being February's Fab friend...no surprise here. Hugs & Smiles!

Dana White said...

This is so sweet - I think I have a few of those memo pads!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Congrats Karen! You're memo cube is just darling! Lovely work, as always! :D

Jessie/knightrone said...

You go girl!! LOVE this!! SO much cuter!!

Donna Baker said...

how cute is this note cube?!? FABULOUS paired with this PI cutie, I tell ya! I actually have one of these begging to be altered in my stamp room right now! thanks for the idea to include a backing and a front! YOU ROCK, GF! I regret you didn't start your blog sooner too *wink*

marilynprestonn said...

I was so happy to read you found this in a dollarama. I will be scouting them to find a few to try this. I don't know about it being as cute as this one, but I will give it my best shot.

Ahem, might be going tomorrow it's -27 celsius here this morning, that is sooooo cold. LOL

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work Karen. :)Peggy

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What an awesome project, Karen! LOVE it!

Dawn Easton said...

Congrats girl! This is so stinkin' cute! LOL now you have me looking at my paper pad and going blah! I need to fix it up too! TFS!

Anonymous said...

You are a FAB FRIEND!! I wondered how many pages you stamped of her...this is a wicked idea!!!

Kim O'Connell said...

Must CASE! This is such a great idea!