Monday, November 15, 2010

Cinema Saturday Friends

I played along with a fun challenge for my card today, the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. This is the 100th challenge and they're giving away prizes from some wonderful stamp companies including Taylored Expressions. The inspiration for the 100th challenge is the movie Pride and Prejudice and I went with the friendship story line.

I stamped the Cuppie friends image from Downtown Diva by Taylored Expressions with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured it with copics. I paper pieced the two liners and popped the heart on foam tape for dimension. The patterned papers are from my My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink 6x6 pad and I paired them with suede brown dark and blush red medium. One of the challenge rules is to use some lace, so I added white lace under the brown ribbon, and of course plenty of stitching. The layout is SC306.

If you're looking for a challenge this week I hope you'll consider the Cinema Saturday 100th Creative Challenge. There are great prizes to be had!!! Read all about the challenge and get some inspiration on the Cinema Saturday Blog.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

Wow, I thought this was really cute at first glance, but then I saw the shiny heart and the floral cuppie paper! EEK!! TOTALLY adorable!

Ann Kranitz said...

Karen, this is just adorable. The paper pieced cuppie liner is super sweet and that paper is fun!!

Dana White said...

Have you seen Pride & Prejudice?! Just checking since you haven't seen the Sound of Music!! Love the paper piecing on the cuppies

Leslie said...

I LOVED Mr. Darcy....yummy! I really like how you emboss the designer paper - cute. Wait? What? Hold the presses.....you haven't seen The Sound of Music??? We must fix that!

Janet said...

soooooooo cute:)
hugs

Kathy Martin said...

Very cute! Love the banner paper and embossing! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET, love that paper!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is ADORABLE! I love the glossy accents on your image and that cute banner DP!