Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Cheery Thank You

I love all the circle elements in this week's Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge, TESC125, so I just had to play along. This morning the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and it's a gorgeous day outside so I decided to reflect that in my card today using the utterly cheerful Cosmo Cricket Delovely mini deck. Seriously, you can't help but be happy when you look at this colourful paper!!!!!

I pulled out my Garden Party Critters from Taylored Expressions because I thought the sign post would work nicely in the square element. The center of the sign post is paper pieced and I cut out the image with square Nestabilities. The sweet little ladybug was a leftover from another project a long time ago and I'm happy I saved her. I coloured the dots on her body and antennas with my black glaze pen for dimension and shine, then I coloured her black body with my pitch black Spica glitter pen for just a hint of shimmer.

I used various sizes of circle Nestabilities to cut out the patterned circle then I embossed them and stitched them onto the blue background (it's Frosted Teal and it looks just like the sky outside my window this morning!). I added more sparkle with a Zva crystal swirl and finished the bottom with layers of grass that I punched with my grass punch. I'm so happy with how this card turned out...and hopefully it'll brighten someone's day in the future.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

Monique said...

Love all the textures and the little ladybug is so cute... Great take on the sketch :)

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow this IS bright and FUN!!! Everytime I see that paper I remind myself to get it!!! Gorgeousness!!!

Leslie said...

This screams summer - love it, don't want summer to end! Love how you pierced around the white to match the sign post - love it all!