Thursday, May 20, 2010

Center of Attention Product Spotlight - Stickers

It's time for this month's Product Focus from Taylored Expressions. Taylor asked us to play with different stickers that are available in the TE Store...fun!

I chose to use the Thrift Shop Mini Market Ledger alphabet for my card and I thought I'd use it a little differently than simply spelling out a sentiment.

I decided to pair the stickers with Cuppie in the Kitchen to create a fun friendship card. I used the letters to spell out words that are associated with friendship then I proceeded to partially cover them up with the image...doh! I like how this creates a custom "patterned paper" look while still leaving the card wide open for a sentiment. You could also use this same technique on a scrapbook page and spell out names of family members, or places you visited on vacation, or emotions that a certain photo evokes...the possibilities are endless!

Cuppie was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and coloured with copics. I use the floral pattern to paper piece the apron and also to create the flower embellishment. I used my big scallop circle Nestabilities to layer the Cuppie image and also to create the flower and I added a fun black Glitter Candy Dot to the center of the flower to tie in the black patterned paper.

I used the new round binding edge punch on the blush red dark cardstock to make it look like the letter panel had been pulled out of a notebook. The patterned papers are from the coordinating Thrift Shop 8x8 pad. I love coordinating items...makes life so much easier when you sit down to create! The sentiment is cut out using the largest of the Labels Trio dies and I added plenty of stitching all around the card for a homey feel.

Also, I thought I'd show you all the letters I have left after creating this card, so you can see for yourself the value and mileage you get from stickers. I could have altered the stickers too, if I'd thought about it before now...LOL!...like sponging them with Desert Sand for a little depth. I guess I'll save that trick for next time though!

Good news!!! Since stickers are the product focus this month, they'll be on sale for 15% off from now until May 23rd. You'll find the entire sticker section right HERE in the TE Store.

Be sure to hop over to the other Baker's Dozen gals for more inspiration using stickers.
Alex Maldonado
Carolina Butching
Jackie Pedro
Jeanie Witmer
Sankari Wegman
and Taylor VanBruggen

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Jami said...

I love the vintage feel of you rcard as well as your clever use of the alpha stickers.

Karen Giron said...

LOVE the way you used these stickers!! You are so stinkin' creative, girl!!

Kathy Martin said...

Fun card! Love the paper pieced apron! :)

Janet said...

awesome job! i wish i shared your brain!! ;)
hugs

Carolina said...

Adorable card...love the shabby chic look and that flower ~ just yummoooo!!!

The Spotted Chick said...

Accccck!! Ok, this is the coolest card EVER!! Whoa, you outdid yourself on this one Karen! I just love that little paper pieced apron too! What a great card!

Anonymous said...

This is freakin' darling! I love what you did with the stickers!!! Brilliant ho!