Thursday, December 17, 2009

Brick Wall Flowers


Well, I finally got some stamping done today. This cold has really zapped my energy, but I think I'm on the mend now. I made this card today but I also made some super fun things that I can't wait to show you on Dec 20th, for the Taylored Expressions monthly Key Ingredients!!!   :)

I've been dying to try the Brick Wall tutorial from Splitcoast and the large flower image from Discover Your Wings seemed like the perfect image, so I gave it a whirl! I'm a numbers girl...I love measuring and lining things up so this technique is right up my alley. The layout is this week's Mojo sketch, Mojo117. I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto kraft and followed the tutorial for the brick effect. I adhered the bricks onto Choice Buttercream then cut out the image with circle Nestabilities. I layered it onto more Buttercream then a scalloped circle of black. I didn't introduce any other colours because I didn't want to detract from the focal image. I layered up some more Buttercream, kraft and black then tied a pretty bow. I decided not to add a sentiment so I can use this card for just about any occasion.

Don't forget that Discover Your Wings is the current TE Giving Tree Charitable Set. A portion of the proceeds of each set sold will benefit Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. This is a wonderful set to purchase for yourself or as a gift and you still have time to order for Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Margaret de Witt said...

Wow Karen - this card is stunning

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOWWW! What a striking color combo, and I LOVE the look of the stamping on that brick wall. Too cool!

Janet said...

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

GASP!!! THUD...........

Danni said...

LOVE this!

Andrea said...

great design and a amzing card

Anonymous said...

What a great idea cutting up the image...love the look of it. Going to try that next time...that ok???

Jodi Collins said...

SHUUUUUUUT up! Karen! This is OUT OF THIS WORLD girlie! Holy Hannah Montana! LURVE this!