Friday, May 1, 2009

Bellarific Queen Anne

Happy Bellarific Friday! 
Did you participate this week? I was super happy to have a sketch challenge to work with, cause you know I LOVE sketches! Jen-abella created the sketch...she has such a great eye for layering. And I've been loving my new Penny Lane papers from My Mind's Eye, so I chose to work with them again...the purples are sooooo pretty. 

I started by stamping the new Queen Anne BittyBloom image from Stamping Bella. She's so adorable, lying on the floor, resting on her elbows...I just LOVE her! I coloured her with copics then I pencilled in a line and created the look of carpet to ground her. She's cut out with circle Nestabilities and layered onto kiwi then eggplant. 

For the background I ran a piece of orchid opulence through my distressed lines cuttlebug folder then ran my Stardust gelly roll pen along the sides of the lines (I picked up this little tip from the oh-so-talented Nicky-abella). I only ended up using a small piece of patterned paper, but I think it's just the right touch. 

I made a banner (haven't done one is a long time!) for the sentiment, thinking of you, and added two 5mm Dark Lilac Bella Glitter Dots to finish it off. 

Don't forget that Stamping Bella has FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50 until May 4th. Just enter the code: happyweek.  And, pop over to Bloggabella to see what everyone else came up with for Bellarific Friday. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

Leslie said...

Awwwwwww, she's so cute - you did a lovely job - LOVE the colour combo.

Jane Wetzel said...

Cute and LOVE the purple! Looks like u should be in our challenge over at Copic Creations! ha ha ha The snowmen are adorable! :)

Emily said...

oooo, what a yummy purple card! Love that cute image! Perfect CB folder.

Julia Aston said...

Wow Karen! I love the purples on this - what super coloring and great sketch!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is just fabulous!!!

Sheri said...

Oh my gosh! She's adorable!!!!

Janet said...

what a super card! love it:)
hugs

Ann Kranitz said...

Aww Karen, she is so sweet. Love all the purples and your coloring is AWESOME!!

HUGS!!

Dana White said...

Ah my BFF she's super cute!!

Anonymous said...

Got to love the purple! She is super cute!

Denise Marzec said...

VERY purdy, my purple friend. :)

Helen said...

LOVE what you did with the banner!